Zinc?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by tsunamichamp, Aug 26, 2012.

1. How do I get zinc to the ladies? I'm using coco. I need a product that carries it or an organic way of giving plants more zinc. Links will be greatly appreciated or if you have an idea those work well too...

2. Come on there has to be multiple quality organic growers that know something about this...

3. Well I'm gonna try the galvanized nails in a bucket full of water and a bubbler. Wish me luck. Lol

4. Well I just put pennies around the bottom of the plants some about an inch deep. I read that you can take care of copper and zinc issues that way.

5. What made you think you had a zinc issue in the first place? It's extremely rare and much more likely to be light stress or a ph issue.

6. Tis why it's important to know what you're feeding your gals and at what levels..
    Too much P in your feed can/may cause a deficiency in Zinc, Iron, Copper..Too much zinc can affect Iron, Manganese..And so on, it's called 'nutrient antagonism'..
    But as TW stated, It's rare that you actually have a zinc deficiency..But you never know, if you don't supply all the essentials needed at a proper range ratio relative to other elements..
    Concepts in Plant Nutrition

7. Thanks guys!
    I jacked up my cal mag, moved the light up and added some fresh pennies. I read that to much zinc will never be an issue so adding zinc and copper would still help if anything. My runoff was at 5.8. I'm in coco along with other fillers in my medium. Growstones, perlite, and hydroton. My ppms were a bit low so I raised my H&M a b content and things are starting to clear up.

8. Any money your light was just a bit too close ;)

Run the same feeds, clone of the same plant, same room... but keep the light a bit further away, you won't see that happen again.

Whenever you see striping at the top of the plant, it's almost always just a bit of light or heat stress. So many growers mistake it for a nutrient issue because when you look through plant deficiencies, it looks the same as examples of iron/zinc deficiency.

9. Very well. Great information there. Thanks!

10. I did go from a 400 to a 600 and I'm kinda adjusting where the height is the best.