zinc...... WTF

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Tihspeed, May 20, 2011.

1. lets assume you have the worlds best and most stable nutrient solution....

how could you get zinc in your plants without pushing the PH up and down....

this is a real question, and a real problem.....

[​IMG]

2. Bump..... Been looking for info.....foliar spraying?

3. ok, what would happen if i PH'd some GH nutrients containing Zinc to 5.5 and did some foliage spraying? would it totally mess up the plant with the PH of the DWC being 5.8? my assumption would be no

I'll give it some time to see if anyone responds and im gonna give this a go tonight....

4. micro has zinc.... mixing now... hope this works:confused:

5. I'm not a hydro guy but I'd imagine the best idea would be to allow your nutrient solution to drift over the range 5.5-5.8 in between changing the res. Good luck :smoke:

6. yeah... my PH does not drift.... thats my problem... i can force the PH with ph down to 5.5... but that seems retarted, i'd be pushing the incorrect ph for one nutrient?

i might have to do that, but im hoping someone knows an alternative

7. ok... after alot of research.... it looks as if foliar spraying is a horrible idea with anything other than water....

so..... what if i ph some water down to 5.5 and spray that way... maybe manually forcing the plants ph to the desired ph for a little while? would that help:confused:

8. I don't think foliar spraying the correct pH will help. I would empty your res and replace with your normal nutrient solution but ph'd to 5.5 to allow uptake of zinc. Then next res change maybe pH to 5.8 and alternate back and forth. Can't think of any other way to do it if your pH doesn't drift at all. Hopefully someone with the knowledge will drop in. ^^

9. i can just use PH down to move the ph for a day... it just seems like a total waste of time...

10. bueller..... bueller...... anyone..... anyone.....

11. well, it appears that the 5.5 ph foliar spray does in fact not work

bummer...