Zany Zanesville Zoo

Discussion in 'General' started by Mantikore, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Big cat bit exotic animal owner in head, coroner says

Neat page with more follow up information. Seems that after Terry Thompson, the asshole responsible for this tragedy, shot himself, a lion or tiger took a bite of him.. There are two 911 calls as well.

"I tried to get Terry, but there's no answer"

The animals now technically to his now ex-wife Marion. I don't think they ever got a divorce, just separated, but now the point is moot.

[​IMG]

I think we all agree this was a tragedy whether or not you believe it was unavoidable or not.. It seems like Terry had a history of animal negligence and the surviving animals should NOT be returned to his wife (out of town when this happened) and back to Muskingum County Animal Farm. I can see a legal battle ensuing over the remaining animals..

Also, a map of current laws regarding ownership of exotic animals. I have a feeling that's going to change to mainly black. Since I live in PA, I may have time to pick up a Maltese tiger once I get my permit ;)
    [​IMG]

2. I saw this shit! I'm only a couple hours away from there.
    How the hell does someone get all those animals?
    ...cause I want them 0_0

3. Seems it only takes money and a vet visit in states like Ohio.

FYI - don't try to steal a dead body of an exotic animal that's been shot by the sheriff, you'll end up in jail :p

4. Man, seems like Ohio is the shit. I heard a car can pass inspection missing a door over there. Dunno if it's true, but it seems like anything goes in the buckeye state :smoke: