yuri-san's first grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by yuri-san, Dec 1, 2003.

1. yeah i guess U-scrog would be cool also :D but uh... since its U shaped, do i curve the scrog screen also? i mean if not, it means the plants on the sides wont be as tall? they wont have as much space to grow as the ones in the midle.

maybe its not that much of a prob.... anyways i'll keep ya posted and i'll be postin up some pics later today or tommorow.

cyaz

2. yep have the screen bent.

3. ok so this is what i've been thinking these past 30 min lol.

i'll add the dimentions but thats what i would do for continuous grows. Since i cant have a mother cuz i dont have the space i'd take clones (5-6) from the soon-to-flower plants then let em grow a bit b4 flower. After that, i'd harvest the flowering plants (a while later lol), then throw the clones down, let em grow while taking a few clones off them to put up top.... etc etc

basically i've got anough space to put a clone vedg room over my flowering plants.

so thats my plan so far, got any suggestions to make it ore efficient?

cyaz

Attached Files:

4. you have the room for a mom,you can keep a mom a small as 6"x6"x10" tall. Also taking clones, veging them then taking clones from them makes a downslope on clone quality, reducing yield and growth. your better off having amom and just clone off her.

you need soem solid dimentions for example make your veg chamber 4'x1' and 2' tall so youd have 40 w/ft with your 2 fixtures. Have your 2 fixtures attached together across the top by a 2x4 and have it hanging by chains on hooks so you can adjust the height.

For the flower room you will want 60-70 w/ft and you want to keep it rectangular because Hps put out power in a ring. I would say 1'x2' and 3' tall would be a good size. Since both boxes will be 1' deep it simplifys it into one box. Have the veg on bottom and flower chamber up top.

5. ok how about this? i think i can pull that off with a bit more complex setup, although getting air to the mom room might be tricky....

EDIT: ditn think of this but hey, i can just put the mom with the clones right? on 16/8 would it be good?

cyaz

Attached Files:

6. heres my concept.

Attached Files:

7. yuri, you dont need the mom to be it its own box it can be in with the clones and veging plants, there both in veg. *just saw the edit so.. yea*

but wait i thought you said that the floros wotn fit in your closet laying flat? or do you plan to buy new bulbs? you can use your ballast and fitting if you just buy shorter bulbs and wire it correctly.

and for this setup you can only have 2 plants my first U scrog drawing was for a 250 or 400w grow. you can have 4 plants, 2 in each pot, for a super short veg. It has been done before with a 70w scrog setup by a grower the green dragon, who i feel is the king of scrog training. This was the final tweak that got him to .5 g/w with soil and a 70w which arent that effecient lumens per watt compared to 150-600w bulbs.

8. aiight so here are my new pics! this is with my new cam i know some pics are dark but i'm not used to this cam so gimme a break :D

this is the plant in the current setup

Attached Files:

9. sorry i know u cant see so well but it gets better!

a bit closer to the top

Attached Files:

10. diff angle

Attached Files:

11. pic of the side growth, this is what came out of tying down the plant

Attached Files:

12. omg i cant believe this is my plant lol i love this new digi cam u can see all the frosting that came out this past week or 2

Attached Files:

• wow.jpg
      wow.jpg
      File size:
      40.3 KB
      Views:
  13. touching the buds actually gets ur fingers wet lol this is really impressive the close up pics are a lot clearer, this is the last pic for now. I think it'll be enough, i just wanted to show off my nice buds!

Attached Files:

• wow2.jpg
      wow2.jpg
      File size:
      35.7 KB
      Views:
  14. so, when do u think i should be harvesting? this is my first time so i cant really tell exactly when the perfect moment will come lol. I dont think it'll be too long but i just want to make sure.

cant wait to see what u think of those last pics :D

Edit: Gr0wer, ur last setup looks really great but i dont have 4' width so i'm not sure what i'll do yet but i'll keep ya posted!

cyaz

15. How many weeks into flower are you? It looks like theres only a week or less left. I would give it another 4 days turn the lights off for 24 hours then chop it (so harvest in 5 days). How the the trichomes look up close witha magnifying glass:? cloudy and plump?

How do you plan to dry the buds? it will stink up your whole house most likley. If you can put a fan blowing otu your windo wand have hte bud near it it woulr be greatothrwise you will neeed to rig up a filter unless if your parents wouldnt care?

For your setup buy 4 3' floro tubes and hook up your ballast to them. You will be overballasting them by 1/3 (40w to a 30w bulb) but people on overgrow overballasted as much as 2x without any problems. if you get the correct bulb you can use your fittings on each end also (look at hte T name liek T8 ect all you need is a 3' bulb thast the same T# and teh sockets will work. with the setup 3' wide it would be allot neater having the 2' wide grow up top then 1'x3' on the side extra for ventilation electrical and storage.

16. Lookin great man !!

one thing, in that drawing....wouldn't you rather have the HPS at the TOP of the box so the heat doesn't pool up above in the top and cook the clones ??

Just a thought

17. Gr0, i really dont know how long it has been since i dint keep track of time, i'm thinking its been longer than it should have taken if i would had gotten my big fluos from start.... so ionno but yeah 5 days is close to what i was thinking, i ws thinking around a week or so. The trichomes look cloudy yeah but i aint sure what plump means...

Mr.Smith, u've got a point i'd better get my hps up so there isnt a heat build-up in the veg room.

cyaz

18. also your better off having the flower room up top so your not always crouching to look at and train your flowering plants.

19. ^ true true

20. i got a 150watts HPS today and will soon get another fan or two. I might start building my setup soon.... I cant wait!

i got the 150 cuz i think it'll be anough for a scrog setup and 250w would probably be worst for heat build-ups.Everything was included except the cable (i bought a heavy duty extention cord)

heres a pic
    btw it cost me a litle bit less than 100$ altogether.

I have a question; theres a removable glass cover to go over the bulb, should i take the glass off or keep it?

cyaz

Attached Files: