Youtube Trolling

Discussion in 'Grasscity Forum Humor' started by MoosePaw, Feb 19, 2011.

1. #1 MoosePaw, Feb 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2011
    Hey everyone,

I wanted to propose the idea of a 'Grasscity trolling group'. For those of you who aren't familiar with trolling, it's essentially the act of making irrational comments, and triggering emotional responses from other users. This may not sound fun, but if you get the right video, it's pretty amazing. An example of some trolling is here on this link, [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjjFl70CJEk]YouTube - Annoying Douche Deafens Audience[/ame]. JeffTheGnome,FoodNegotiator, and PPtimee were all a big part of this video (Comments located at Page 3 of All comments [Not regular pages]).

But this is simply an example.

So how I envision this thread being used:
    1. User posts a good* video on this thread.
    2. That user describes a possible argument he's already involved in, or his idea for a troll.
    3. The user states their Youtube username (This of course is needed to backup the irrational comments that the user has already made).
    4. Lastly, the members who decide to partake in the particular video defend the irrationality until the Trump** either stops arguing, gets owned, or is finally convinced of the irrational logic.

good* = A video that will have people who are passionate about the video. This in turn will create a great response from that person, and will only amplify their defeat
    Trump** = The victim of the troll

For those of you still not convinced this will be interesting, or just don't see the point of it, I'd at least like you to take a look at a few more examples. If you still don't like it, then smoke a few more bowls and re-read and re-watch the examples. If you still don't like it, go smoke another bowl and watch LOTR :).

Extra Examples : [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpNR7RKIgVU]YouTube - Cutest Kid Ever. No really.[/ame] (PPtimee, FoodNegotiator banned from this one awhile ago, comments at end of page 3 and beginning of page 4 [All comments]. This video is about a dad filming his kid, and playing pedo music in the background, how could this not be trolled. Anyway, some girl decides to stick up for the kid, and the rest is history)
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BVvNE78lyc&feature=fvwrel]YouTube - Me singing Should've Said No by Taylor Swift[/ame] (This is just an example of a great video. The audience you'd want to provoke would be optimists)

***DISCLAIMER*** - As a fellow member of the Grasscity community, I'd like to say the comments being made are used ONLY in the purposes of trolling. I personally don't believe in most anything I say on Youtube. I believe the Grasscity community has a well built society that is comprised of high spirited and down to earth people, and have no intention of straying away from this.

2. too high to read any of this sorry

3. OP how douchy of you.

4. #4 Adroc, Feb 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2011
    http://forum.grasscity.com/..../

I started there 2 days ago, as should you.

That thread is in the "Introduce Yourself" forum, and specifically stresses..

Why on earth would you want us to contribute in spamming or "trolling" when all we (or I) would like is to chill, jump around on this forum, and share thoughts and ideas with like-minded individuals in a civilized and maintained manner?

Sounds like too much work to me anyways.... :smoke:

5. ya, no, fuck this

6. nice blunt! +rep:cool:

7. I really like it, nice

8. did you create another account to back yourself up?

9. As seeing everyone jumped on the bandwagon of dislike after Adroc's post, I'll only address him.

There is no contention between fellow Grasscity members. There is peace and humbleness among Grasscity members. The point of this is to exploit the humor in irrationality. No one communicates what they dislike about the idea, other than you Adroc. I apologize if the examples shown are a bit more on the 'extreme' end of this classification of humor.

Tell me you've never had a bit of fun with someone who's too serious about something in life [i.e. Getting very blazed in front of a friend who absolutely despises weed, and then making an irrational argument on why weed is the only way to enjoy life] ? This of course is partly true, but to him it's erroneous in every single way.There's truly no difference between that and what this Youtube idea is.

10. Why pick on me?

Because I addressed it in a professional manner?

The post before mine is as follows:

Technically, wouldn't that be the post that would start "the bandwagon of dislike"?

Nobody even quoted me or responded to my post either... seeming as I was most harsh, you pick me out of everybody.

11. lol bandwagon of dislike!

12. #14 MoosePaw, Feb 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2011
    Adroc,

You mistake my reply to you as a personal attack, rather than it me recognizing you as the only credible response I'd reply to. The 'bandwagon of dislike', as being the coined phrase now, is meant for those who gave no reason for disliking this thread; therefore not being capable of a logical response.

And you're right, Mrs Greenthumb was the first to express their distaste for the thread, but really gave readers a mindless disliking to this thread, rather than a logical response, like yours.

13. hey hey why dont we all just toke and listen to some stoner metal

14. im down...

btw, opeth is fucking awesome :smoke:

15. Lol yeah I didn't think it deserved anything more.

16. opeth are gods within gods

17. OP you yourself don't believe that trolling is in the spirit of GrassCity; Why the fuck would anyone but an immature, underaged,

Ohh, Wait, that could explain a lot. :rolleyes::cool::smoke:

18. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMEe7JqBgvg]YouTube - Internet Bridge Troll[/ame]