You're opinion on straight edge?

Discussion in 'General' started by Murs, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Damn man thats pretty legit

2. If they're from Indiana, they need punched in the face. Unless it's a detective, cause there's a cool as shit detective here.

3. My best friend is straightedge. One of the main principles of sXe is to not force your ideals on other people. Obviously, since he's my best friend, he doesn't care at all that I use drugs. He believes that straight edge is a lifestyle that is simply not for everyone. He actually likes how open I am with him about drugs, because most people think that they can't be friends with him if they use drugs. We're in a band together and I light up every practice. Like I said before, it was his personal choice to claim edge, and he doesn't get offended if people smoke weed around him. He actually told me he would rather have his friends smoke weed than drink alcohol. It is very close-minded of you to say that sXe is pointless. To say that sXe people are "afraid to try anything" is like saying a Catholic is afraid to masturbate. It's not that they are afraid, it's that it simply goes against the lifestyle they have chosen. I have no problems with straight edge because i know that it is a lifestyle that is not for me. Hardline Straightedge, on the other hand, I do have a problem with. They use violence to spread straight edge ideals and are against homosexuality/bisexuality.

4. If your edge isnt straight, your line will be curvy

5. Are you intolerant? By this post I assume you are.

6. its much like my views on homosexuality. im not and i dont care if you are, just dont push it on me hahaha

7. they bother me alot less then the biblehumpers that push their religion on to you. That only goes out to them not people that have belief in any religion jsut those that push push push. the overall picture is i live my life how i want it. you do the same and if for some reason those choices makes us cross paths so be it but until then , you do you and ill do me

8. straight edge=fad for kids.

9. It's not for me because drugs are a huge part of most peoples lives. Not just recreational either.

10. I know some cool straight edge people. but then theres the straightedge people who think they're better because they don't do drugs or aynthing, fuck those people

11. I would be straight edge if I was immortal....(probably not), but since I'm not and only got a short time minds well take risks

12. I had to google it.

But it doesnt really matter does it? who cares if they dont.

13. Live and let live, man.

My best friend is so straight edge it's unbelievable. She doesn't drink, smoke or fuck. She loves a routine and a quiet night in and is always in bed and up early. I am the complete opposite.

But neither of us judge the other; it's just what we are and what we enjoy.

You shouldn't rag on someone's lifestyle just because it's different. If it's what they want and truly makes them happy, then I think that's fucking brilliant! :D

14. What do you mean by "push it on you"? In all my years, I've never had someone who is gay tell me I should be gay instead of straight...

15. i was just postin haha, but i have a couple gay friends and one of them like hangs off of me when ever we chill together. he isnt telling me that i should be gay, but he gets a little close lol. please dont think i was trying to bash any one, i was not.

16. The vast majority of homosexuals are not like that, but there is a small, very vocal 'in your face' group who want special rights just because they are gay and who shove it in people's faces.

Then there are those who hit on heterosexuals even when they know they are heterosexual. Many years ago I used to work with a very vocal gay man who always proclaimed that 'everyone is gay, they just don't know it yet', and would often hit on straight men.

They exist, just like heterosexuals who actively hate homosexuals exist. I think both are wrong.

17. That still isn't telling people they should be gay. That was my point, these two situations aren't really comparable. As far as "special rights", I don't know what you're referring to specifically, but there is no denying that gays deserve a hell of a lot more rights than they are getting right now.

I see no problem with gay people hitting on straight people. It's no less annoying when guys hit on women who they have no chance with. I've been hit on by gay guys, I've just said, "Sorry, man, I'm straight and happily married." No big deal.

As far as that dude you know, he just sounds like a flipper. I've only met two guys who claim to flip straight guys and they have slept with numerous guys who claim to be straight, lol.

18. bunch of homos in tight pants listenin to XenvisionX , dancing like faggots and being to pussy to get laid or stoned. :rolleyes:

19. First bolded point: You deliberately ignored that in your rebuttal.

Second bolded point: If they know a person is straight and hit on them anyways it's totally disrespectful.

You sound like someone with an agenda :confused_2:

And with very, very poor debating skills.

20. ...wait...what? is that not the exact same thing...