Youre being programmed and dont even know it.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by smokehound, Jan 14, 2014.

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAMP1Wu_M2U

You're arguing about wars in countries you dont live in.

You're being censored and edited without your knowledge and/or consent.

We need a constant flow of information, and these assholes get away with censorship right under your nose.

2. I hate to be the one, but this should probably go in Pandora's box.

3. #3 Massholes, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2014
    Why don't we test it? Not that its a big deal. There are other websites to use. 

4. All glory to the hypnotoad!

5. This whole time I thought I just didnt want ppl to die needlessly, who knew I didnt want that, I was just being programed.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #6 forty winks, Jan 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2014
    Smash the filter bubble.  But how?

Wonder if going to page 10 will help get out of the bubble?

7. ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

8. Gooble globba gooble gobba gooble gobba Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. [quote name="J-DILLA" post="19340690" timestamp="1389738902"]I hate to be the one, but this should probably go in Pandora's box.[/quote]proving the op's point ironicallySent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. I guess that's what programming really is - not knowing that programming is occurring.  It's a bit like socialization in that both take palce behind our backs.

11. #11 *ColtClassic*, Jan 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2014
    Seems like the filtering he is describing will only contribute to a feedback loop of self-satisfying information that really leaves users out of access to information that may keep them open-minded and informed.

12. Fuck that, I program Facebook and it aint even know. 
    No canner is going to determine my future. Not today! 

13. I like this thread. I had a long , funny , intelligent reply typed out.. and then I accidentally  exited out of the tab. I'll be back tomorrow to respond 

14. This has been going on for a while now. Companies do it too. Walmart is big on it. They have customer profiles on everyone that has shopped there. They collect it using facial recognition. That's why you get emails with specific items on sale. They show us what we want to see and that's how they mold us into what they need. Communism at its best mad you didn't even know it was going on. Sent from my SCH-S738C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. [quote name="forty winks" post="19343211" timestamp="1389762822"]I guess that's what programming really is - not knowing that programming is occurring. It's a bit like socialization in that both take palce behind our backs.[/quote]except its right to our faceSent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

That's true, the potential for revelation is much greater these days.  I hope this historical privilege isn't squandered.

17. Ah America program you to program yourself with programs

18. This is one reason I like to use GC for sharing information.  We have all kinds of fucked up people with different views here, no censoring and programming...well unless a rule is violated and a mod steps in.

19. [quote name="RippedMonk" post="19343582" timestamp="1389767378"]This is one reason I like to use GC for sharing information. We have all kinds of fucked up people with different views here, no censoring and programming...well unless a rule is violated and a mod steps in.[/quote]And yet few people actually change their views.I went from democrat to communist (small change i know) to right wing conservativeHas anyone else changed?Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

It's not necessarily about changing your views, it's about being exposed to other views.

And democrat and communist is more than a small change.  Communism is on a whole other level from American political parties.