Youre A Slave

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Tastytrichomes, May 22, 2013.

Aw shit. I knew I was forgetting something.

2. You cant be a slave to your self, it goes against what being a slave is. However you can be free, free from a monetary system, or a slave to a monetary system.

I assume you are talking about some sort of barter system then? Because unless you are an expert at all things, you will need something from someone else. In which case you must make an excess of whatever it is you produce to trade. In which case making an excess takes more of your time. So if I am spending more time making X widget to trade for Y widget, who am I working for? Me, or the guy who has the Y widget?

How is that really different than working for a company, for money, so I can purchase Y widget?

4. My personal opinion unrelated to this thread, is that capitalism is necessary, however we ever we need way more regulations than we currently have to ensure that corporations are never able to take over again. 

5. I have known this for a long time.

6. Some scientists say earth is a slave planet

hahaha we're bacteria growing on the earth man

8. #48 shaddytheman, Jun 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2013
    Like the guy said, Money is the prime motivator for labor work. It's a reward system, you offer your skills and services and they reward you with money but we need to money to pay for our essential needs such as food, clothing & shelter in order to survive. 

Some are too desperate and turn into beggars just to get a quick buck, how saddening. It isn't much of a problem if you own a business then you make as much salary then the average man, but it takes a lot of diligence, ambition and perseverance to get there. Not also forgetting trial and error. 

But the word "slave" is subjective, a person can be a slave to anything that overpowers them. 

pretty much. i agree

we're slaves to our humanity above all. its just kinda fucked we live in a system where the value of people and life itself is put below the value of economics

10. For real, it's a dog eat dog world out there. People will step on others to get to a higher position, the higher position results into a higher source of income. 

11. We're all talking about money, I believe that humans will evolve from using money (isn't that a quote?) to something more sustainable. I find that permaculture concepts are very promising as it shows a way to cohabit the earth with the rest of nature. Whether we actually mimicked the natural economy of the earth like animals do is another question. Animals live without money, right? Of course we are more advanced just cuz we can write and talk but some will argue that animals are not slaves to mere possessions like we are, they are only caring about the immediate sensory information hitting their nervous system. But animals show forms of altruism all the time especially with protecting other animals. I would say competition and natural selection are always going to be a part of nature just like humans are, but I have faith that we could share technology as well as information with our fellow man and the rest would follow. Living without money would be hard, instead of going out on your grind all the time you'd have to live outside your own little bank account and be part of a larger (resource based) economy haha I like the Venus project concepts but if they are not implicated by the people in the right way I do agree that it would be easy to make a mess out a system without money (smart ppl abusing their power haha) anyways my point is... What if we all lived like native Americans and Buddhists? Persecution of fellow man and animals and plants and resources of the earth in general would be harder to justify. But of curse we have become more advanced from a tech standpoint so all that power could be put for good rather than evil. What exactly do I mean? Permaculture and hemp can save the world, no joke.
    Jackhererwasright guys spread the word.