Your view on life?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by parkrats, Nov 25, 2009.

1. In class the other day there was a few questions about what does it mean to survive and I thought of it on a deeper level and came up with a new mind set and way of life. To me this is flawless. I thought I'd share to see if I can open up anyone's eyes possibly. Lately I've just been trying to see how other people view things and how to go about reasoning things based on what I perceive to be their view. It's helped me a lot to become a more patient, polite and reasonable person. I'm curious to see other peoples ways that they live by so if you have anything you'd like to share go ahead.

To survive means to live with something in mind, a goal perhaps. Humanity evolves through survival by setting goals, reaching their goals and setting a new goal to reach an all time high and better themselves personally, or financially, but that's not really what I had in mind. Some people survive and others don't because the ones who strive to reach their goal have to have other people to put behind them to put themselves on top of, in a literal sense, a business, you're the owner the workers are the ones behind you. Or, as an example of what not to be, examples would be a drug addict, rude to everyone, just anything you despise really. A way I know that I won't become this is I just know that I'm smart enough to tell myself, it's mind over matter I can't let myself do the things to let me become that of which I despise. The people we can't use to benefit from really serve no purpose, other than examples of what not to be, but if you can't even use them for that then what is their purpose? I can't think of one, they're worthless. You just need to forget these people and leave them in your past and avoid them as they will only offer a chance to bring you down. I will always keep this mind set as long as I can to live to be successful, and I know for a fact I will not fail living with this state of mind.

If this takes off and people start posting I think it would be a nice sticky for people to share and see other people views and possibly become enlightened.

2. First of all, I'm not right and your not wrong. It's just my opinion that is no less right or wrong then yours.

Some cool thoughts, although I'm not sure I would call it flawless. You kinda say that: this is how you fail, this is how you succeed. I don't really see it that way. Success can be anything and its great to have goals, but can't you just say (one) of my goals is to experience life. It's not something you achieve like winning 1st place in a race (when it comes to life).

You definitely need to achieve somethings but maybe a change in perception, revelation or outlook on life is the most important thing. I'm not even sure myself, it is probably different for everyone.

Its good to have views but not a heap that are concrete. Have goals with say education or something your working on, but I wouldn't apply many 'life goals' because its just too complicated and it shrinks life into nothing more than [this, this and that]. And life just isn't that simple, that's why it is so interesting. I think you shouldn't try and boil things down when it comes to life. Free your mind from wrong, right, this, that and just explore.

3. I wouldn't say forgetting people who aren't good and leaving them behind is a good thing.
    We should be good to everyone, even if they aren't successful in some way. I think its wrong to turn away from people who aren't as well off as you.

4. I think we should be who we truly are, and not someone that is the "expected" and "good" form of ourselves.

5. The Buddha was once asked, "What is Enlightenment?" To which he replied simply, "The end of suffering."

Desire is a form of suffering... to have goals will call for sacrifice (suffering) to reach them, and even greater suffering if they are not met. Hate is another form of suffering... to despise certain types of people will cause one to suffer to avoid such a fate, and an even greater form of suffering to become what one despised.

People are not worthless just because you cannot use them to your advantage; this is a product of the egoic Self, not the true Self. The true Self will not hate or judge another... the true Self is eternal and needs not prove itself to anyone nor become anything.

"Doing nothing, is doing something"

6. Just look at it this way. Birds don't grow up thinking, I gotta go see this bird so he/she can teach me how to do something so I can be someone. No. They just bird it up.

7. We definitely have different views, here.

Personally, I don't befriend people or associate myself with certain people because I can benefit from them. "This guy can teach me this.", "That guy can get me that.", is essentially that and I can't help but see that as judgment.

I don't think you're wrong in your thinking, you're simply living to your standards of life. And when it comes to that, there is no right or wrong.

As for my view on life:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q95kX_EP2Nk]YouTube - Bill Hicks: What is the point to Life[/ame]

(I feel this sums up rather profoundly my general way of life.)

8. touch, I love Hicks.

I should've mentioned that those birds? Just enjoying the ride.

People? Mostly not so much.

9. He's fantastic! I wish we hadn't lost him so soon, but at least he enjoyed the ride.

10. #10 Perpetual Burn, Nov 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2009
    If we're gonna quote Hicks on wisdom we can't forget the ultimate truth he dropped on us...

"All matter is Energy condensed to a slow vibration. We are all One consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as Death, Life is just a dream. We are the imagination of ourselves...

Now, back to Tom with the Weather."

:D

11. Yeah, I've never heard a comic who got it as right as he did.

12. I know! I couldn't find the video that included that part :(.

13. #13 IamODESE, Nov 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2009
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX1CvW38cHA

too high to embed

14. There is no good or bad, right or wrong, they are two sides of the same coin. Life is a beautiful, wonderful treasure that should be cherished, the only real teacher is life, full of experiences and much to learn, but they are hidden and must be sought out, you could be dead tomorrow, so thats a damn good reason to live it up today

There is no 'right' way or single way to live, regarldess of religions or whatever tell you, there are many different paths you can take, but they are all just different perspectives of looking at the bigger picture

Relationships with other humans and animals are vital, we are very social creatures, the earth is an amazing place, evil and corruption are products of the 'mind,' which is an illusion

basically life like many great things is too profound to be expressed in words, simply live to the fullest and enjoy what happens, don't worry too much, you are as happy as you choose
    no past present future only right now

15. Doug Stanhope, I find, is the next closest thing. Many of his views are just as valid:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTOQhPd2Xh4&feature=related"]YouTube - Doug Stanhope on Freedom[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ZKH2PGA8g"]YouTube - Doug Stanhope : Having interesting thoughts? Don't worry...[/ame]

;)

16. I'm not saying I'm going to be rude to them in anyway, just not involve myself with them. In my head I just honestly feel on a higher level of thinking than then majority of people I meet. I have trained myself to be able to focused on self fulfillment and not care about what other people think, so if I did something you didn't like and you told me, if I benefited from it and it wasn't an extremely horrible thing, I wouldn't care what you had to say. In the end you'll be left with your family, and even more so, yourself.

17. I just do what makes me happy. Life is way too short to wait for anything. As long as I don't feel I am hurting anybody or myself, I'm good to go ;D

18. I like this. Do what makes you happy and when you have an opportunity to do something that makes you happy then don't pass it up because regret is a bitch.