Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Fritter, Oct 19, 2012.

1. So when I first went to get my qualifications for medicinal cannabis and after doing all the paperwork I met with this doctor and she said the usual... I'm such and such and I believe in the use of medicinal marijuana.... But after looking at my records she turned me down I was so confused. I had documented chronic and intractable pain for my scoliosis and straight neck but no prior records of other types of medicine( just did stretches, massages, etc.). Her reasoning for not giving me the qualification was that i wasn't drugged up like her other patients. I don't know but to me medicinal marijuana should be a safe alternative to pain relief than opiates and other drugs... Instead of having to be drugged up to get the qualification.

I got the qualification from another doctor so im not complaining or anything... But what are your thoughts on this??

2. She was just being overly cautious. Maybe she didn't feel the need to recommend it as an alternative because you didn't have any alternative drug use, so she thought you were just playing up your symptoms to get cheap weed?

3. I understand that, but turning down someone who clearly showing medical records of having pain just for me to get addicted to pain killers?? And then asking her again? That's just dumb! Lol :) but oh well.... Go 4evergreen! Giving me my qualification!! :D

4. some doctors are dead set against mmj without a regard for the actual facts, because their INSURANCE/religion/spouse/local-licensing-bureau/club/medical-association is against it...i.e..they are only following orders of their owners/masters/fellow-sheeple and have no true independent conceptual thoughts...

I recommend you FIRE that doctor...in person, in front of her staff...with a well thought out sentence...hmmm, such as.."due to your negative bias to medical science that is in conflict with your personal beliefs, I will no longer be a patient of this medical facility"

just my opinion :)

5. wow thats ridiculous. one of my friends went to the doctor and told them he had back pain from a broken collarbone and the doctor that was in that day only gave it to him for 3 months

6. #6 Asthmatic, Oct 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2012
    Some states require that you have tried everything else first before you get the recommendation. Check your states regulations. The recommendation won't happen until it is the last house on the block. You don't have to be hooked on opioids before you qualify they just have to have unacceptable side effects or are not relieving the pain. Usually the argument that it is addicting I don't want it is not quite enough. I build up tolerance to them quickly and they have stopped working for me, they make me sick to my stomach I cant take them, and they plug me up all carry more weight but you can't say that until you have tried them. "It makes me feel too goofed up to work without helping the pain." should get the Dr's attention also, if you cant work ir interfeers with their revenue model. Patients that can't work frequently don't pay well either.

PS: My experience with opioids was all of the above.

7. hahahaha, she just wanted to act like all legal and shit...how funny

8. Was this a "traditional" doctor? Yeah, as mentioned, some states the laws require you to poison yourself with all manner of pharma first to "see if it will work." (How scientific, huh?) She was toeing the line and covering her ass. Kinda like "pain clinics" pop up because doctors are getting too afraid to dispense with pain pills and the DEA's overly-watchful eye intimidating doctors.