Your thoughts of the day.

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Headhunterpipes, Jul 12, 2018.

1. How can a educated person call someone dumb ?
    If they are so smart they would know its dumb to call someone even dumber dumb.
    Because its not going make you any smarter and most dumb people already know they are not the sharpest tack in the box.
    If they don't already know they are a little on the slow side that is a completely different category.
    Call them willing ignorant I guess.
    A smart person thinks how to deal with people who are less educated and don't have the wisdom to apply the education they do have.

I know some very hard working honest people who are not educated that have as much common sense and ability as most so called educated people who consider themselves professionals.

I heard someone call their dog dumb ! maybe the dog just hasn't been trained or the owner really hasn't payed enough attention to the dog to understand their own pet .
    I am not dog wispier, I do love my dog and think of him as a friend and family member.
    If I watch my dog at certain times he is watching and warning me somethings that are just not right...
    My dog has only put his mouth on one persons leg.
    No my dog didn't draw blood , and my dog has never bitten anyone , he is a German Shepherd .
    But he did have his mouth on this guys leg and stopped him in his tracks.
    Turned out that person was on hard drugs and I didn't need that person being a friend .
    I watched my dog piss on a guys leg . my dog had never done that before ..
    That guy was a flake , I don't think that person even knew which direction he wants his life going except to use people ..
    Seems like dogs have some kind of ESP that they can warn us when some things are just not right .

My point in all this its is allot easier to put someone down then to lift a persons worth up.
    Smart and educated people with wisdom know this and practice this.
    Then you got dumb asses like me wishing I do as what I preached.

Good day , time to get stoned ..

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yes it does take a special kind of human to be wise and not let it feed their ego and put others down with it but instead lift them up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. If its illegal to drive drunk why do bars have parking lots?

my wig is loose, your stroke is weak...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Why are some many people these days offended all the time?

We live in the twilight zone where people actually play on game shows to try to pay off their student debt.

I'm convinced more and more day by day that politics just make people hate each other more and more rather than inspire change of ideas.

Nothing in my life is planned.

My thoughts bounce around lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Consider yourself extremely lucky. My life is planned the minute my alarm is set for 3am daily...

J

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks man glad to know its not bad. :) I'll add that to the positives list.

I hope your structured day goes as planned and goes great.

• Like Like x 1
  7. "Reconizing your own ignorance is the first step to wisdom."

• Like Like x 1
  8. Do you ever think about your own relevance?

9. Gotta snap outta this funk I’m in, has me feeling low, but I got so much to be blessed for, so I gotta keep going man.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Do people actually tell kids that their dog was sent away to live on a farm when it dies? That would be even worse for me, knowing he's still out there and thinking I didn't want him anymore. Plus I'd never forgive my parents.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. The biggest news is that Canada will be legal today. cheers. :passing-joint:

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. ignorance isn't the problem..motivation is!

13. I was told this as a child, and I lived in the country. An older cousin told me the truth, you’ll usually find out not too long after that lie is told lol.

14. We have a great German Shepherd now but had a Black Lab mutt for many years since my kids were little. He was a wonderful member of our family.

**Unconditional & unquestioned Loyalty**

There aren’t words - adjectives? that can define the loyalty and friendship of a good dog. How could there be? A family dog playing with and loving your children? Complete & total trust with your kids that you’d never dream of giving to anyone else?

When we went to the pound one 4th of July, as our neighbor worked at the Town Office and was able to unlock and show us a few dogs during off-hours, he unlocked the door to the pound/kennel and the barking was deafening!!! Man, I have a hard time with dogs that bark just to bark for no apparent reason. They were all barking SO LOUD - except for one - “Congo”.

He was just sitting there wagging his tail watching us so we decided to take him out on the lawn to play and get to know him for a few minutes.

We let him out - he was so well behaved, and he immediately ran over to our car and dove in through the rolled down window and sat down in the back seat looking at us - man were we laughing!

Congo chose us.

He lived with us for another ten years and then he got sick - real sick. He got cancer. He would ALWAYS be out on the lawn no matter what the weather, waiting for me to come home from work so that he could love me some more. Same with my kids getting off the bus. Of course same with Mumma, too.
    I came home from work one day in the late winter - mud and slush everywhere - and when I was getting out of my car Congo fell on his side in the mud and he couldn’t get up on his own. WTF. Just WTF. I carried him in the house and cleaned him up and called the vet but it was really too late. Things had spread too much. What a shit decision but I took the next day off to bring him to oh man - put him down. He was in so
    much pain.

The moral of this story is that when we had to bring our furry family member, our best friend to the Vet to put him out of his pain we stopped at the schools and picked up our two oldest daughters (our 3rd/youngest was too young) so that they could come with us and say goodbye to their brother. We always referred to Congo as their brother.

I’m SO glad that my daughters got to tell Congo goodbye and how much they loved him before he passed. I would have been so upset later if they had come home and he just wasn’t their - and very importantly it would have been very unfair to them. Yes it was very sad at the time - definitely more than some people I’ve known - and super emotional but they got to hug him before his chest just didn’t rise again.

Thank (something) for good, loyal dog-friends.

This is just my own opinion of course and I’m sure doesn’t reflect the opinion of many others.

J

15. I think about my own IRRELEVANCE...

J

16. Hey dude - just wanted to ask - how’s things?

J

17. Way better since but, still unaffordable by income. But still way better. :passing-joint:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. I find it strange that my customers offer me a place to warm up or a coffee and show respect for my willingness to be out delivering stuff in every weather while tramps who most likely don't wanna be out there are treated like tramps.

19. It’s because you’re showing initiative and hard work - respectable qualities - while the “Tramps” are showing unrespectable qualities - zero initiative, asking for something for nothing blah blah blah.

Portland Maine allows panhandling and I see way too many perfectly capable young men and women out there with their hands out. I give them $ZERO.00

For the actually disabled, folks that need help, folks that I can see wouldn’t get by otherwise - I’ll help, but when I get up at 3am to go bust my ass and the 25 year old young man doesn’t? Screw that. He ain’t getting a nickel from me.

J

• Like Like x 1
  20. [
    Now I feel like an honest hard-working person and that disgusts me. Thank you very much

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1