Your take on the Ukrainian/Venezuelan uprisings?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by WoodHouse, Mar 1, 2014.

1. I don't have much knowledge on the Venezuelan revolts but feel free to share your information. I do know there is talks that an American hand had a play in the revolts in Ukraine as well as eastern Ukraine pretty much holding the opposite stance to the Western part.

Thoughts?

2. It is a really murky subject. Its hard to tell who is being funded by who and who is really on the side of the people. Both sides are probably hiding behind nobility and are instead interested in gaining access to the Ukraine's tax slaves. 

3. Not revolutions but attemps of changing power between elites in both countries. With much of the opposistion being funded/manipulated by the CIA and NATO.

4. I have no take, no interest in either one.  As long as they leave me alone to grow fields of green, I don't give a fuck what people do in other countries with exception of genocide and potential nuclear conflict.  Can't say I blame people for wanting to kill rich, powerful assholes in charge anywhere in the world.

See this view right here is ignorant of the fact that nations are supposed be self-interested and with an eye on the well-being and security of their citizens. No one cares about anyone's personal life, it is a secret war between nations for the dominant ideology of the world. Ours prevails because it is best, it gives you freedom, educational opportunity, and the chance to become wealthy yourself. Though that is dependent on more than just the chance being present.

6. Ukrainians are upset over stronger ties to Russia, Ukrainians hate Russians and have since before WWII I believe. I don't know the entire history there. They want strong ties to NATO I think or some NATO ally, I forget who. 

7. the people want the gov. To join the EU. But the current Ukraine govt. Is all over Putin's jock & wants to remain a Russian satellite.
    I'm just interested in what the Russian troops plan on doing there, are they going to fight against the rebels? If so I can see the Europe getting very interesting very fast

Who Dat!

Getting tired of all this political bullshit and rhetoric too? It seems like it's been that way for about two weeks now. Fucking sad everybody ran out of jokes, and now want to discuss war and which group of idiots is best to govern. I feel ya man. Fucking shit is getting old in a hurry. Hopefully it's just the cold weather and cabin fever and everybody will get back to not giving two fucks as soon as we get some warm weather.

Okay, you could have kept that to yourself but okay some people just like to appear stupid.

10. My take -

we're fucked!

11. Is there a point to that drivel? Or do you just like seeing your words appear on the screen? If you don't like what I say...move on.

12. #12 aPersonUponaHill, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2014

Right, I remember now. 

Venezuela is interesting, middle class wants less of a gap between rich and poor. I am not sure how their government is setup, but it mostly started with students and then students got killed and hurt. So parents came and the whole thing just rolled on and now people are picking sides and dividing in preparation for civil war it seems. I think it has to do with old Chavez supporters who hold a lot of wealth, but it seems like this would be resolved easily witha program similar to FAFSA for US students . If students wanted money in the first place, likely for education.

13. I am assuming that you mean america when you say "ours prevails because its the best".

Please tell me, how are we free in america? The government controls what we put in our body, we cant distill liquour, we cant grow weed, we are forced to pay taxes, we can be forced to pick up a gun and die for our supposed "freedoms", we cant even give food to homeless people anymore without a fucking permit.

As for education, our schools are pretty shitty in comparison to the rest of the developed world.

14. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcC-SbcihKI

15. Calling for a civilian uprising against the Russian forces' is the worst idea ever. I can already see mass civilian casualties in the event of this actually happening.