Your Religion/spirituality And Its Connection To Marijuana.

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Deadbeat Rat, May 3, 2014.

1. #1 Deadbeat Rat, May 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2014
    Well I'm sort of a mixture of Reconstructionist Germanic and Celtic Paganism ( that means following it the way it was in ancient times as much as possible, unlike new-age things like Wicca which often makes up their own beliefs) 
    Both of those ancient cultures had heavy use of cannabis and other natural drugs,
    In fact the Germanic/Norse goddess Freyja is deeply connected to the bud of Cannabis, many of her followers would eat and smoke weed during worship.
    As for Odin, he is deeply connected to xxxxxx, but also a bit to weed due to his involvement with Seiðr, which was a form of ancient North Germanic Shamanism that has a lot to do with Freyja.

I'd like to hear from you guys about your beliefs and how they may be connected to weed, as it's such an ancient tool for spiritual things, we often only think of it being used in Hindu religions. But it was really almost a worldwide tool and especially in Europe when it arrived with the Indo-Europeans (ancestors of Germanic, Celtic, Slavic, Greek, Roman peoples)
    And in modern times it is a worldwide tool. Not to forget that even those people who didn't have Cannabis back in the pre-christian days (better days in my opinion), still had plenty of other natural drugs similar to it.

2. My beliefs are Marcionite Hindu-Mithraism

3. #3 semprfidelis, May 4, 2014
    Well drugs have affected my spiritual side in a good way. One day I was outside looking at the stars and I was smoking. At this time I was a full blown Christian and thought I had a great relationship with god and never questioned it. But this night it just hit me and I was seeing into the past and my body go down the the evolution scale. I would look at the stars and see millions of light years out and all the galaxy's. Of course I was hallucinating but it opened my eyes and I would say is the turning point in my life. I think started to question more things and learn more about space and science.

Now I can't say I really believe in any religion. I believe in the stars which I can see with my own eyes. Now my way of worshiping is to go outside and smoke and enjoy the night sky. I use my telescope to look at planets and galaxy's or sometimes just sit there baked and amazed at how big the universe really is.

Drugs/marijuana can be an eye opener or it can be a great way to grow spiritually. My family says it's the devils way of getting Into me to turn me away from religion but if you ask me that's exactly what I needed. An altered state to look at it with an open mind and not clinging to any beliefs that I was raised on and were brainwashed into me.

4. my "religion" is more just an acceptance that there is nothing but questions and possibilities. the drugs tend to inspire new questions and possible answers and therefore are integral as anything to my belief system.

5. I'm a spiritual Buddhist. I agree with Buddhism's premise and basic ideologies. But my infatuation with the theology is based on their meditation style. I enjoy the manipulation of chakras and spiritual healing. But, this is just my preference as far as theology is concerned.

Philosophy is my major analytical tool. I love metaphysics. But, thanks to my studies of theology, philosophy, and sociology, I can analyze through various lenses. But weed provides another lense. And it's a simplistic form of pure rationalism for me. I love it

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #6 jas43, May 16, 2014
    Good post dude.
    I feel as if I wrote that.