Your philosophical view of life.

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Ypres, Jun 29, 2007.

1. I've seen plenty of threads where people give their view on life whether to support a debate or simply to follow a topic. So, I felt like a thread where everyone shares their philosophical view of life would be a good. Don't trash other people's views, no matter how foolish you think they are, to someone else yours could seem equally foolish. Plus, I think it would be an interesting read if this got long.

I'll start: Since we started as nothingness, or at least our selfs (soul according to some people) we will end up as nothingness. In the end we all just continue the cycle of life of the planet and our memories or deeds live on in some sort of fashion (think butterfly effect).

Our duty here on Earth is to spread the idea of living a good life but also giving others a good life. I mean we should all look after each other and not be greedy but still live for ourselves. If we only have 1 life and so does everyone else why should we value one over another, including ourselves (obviously some really bad people would be of a bit of an exception). Peace, love and unity in summary.

I believe religion is the angst of people and their explanation of what they can not understand. Combine this with culture and you have religion being passed on and ingrained as part of one's life. The basic teaching are very similar and a lot of those I agree with perfectly. Pushing your religion on someone is never a good thing since it often causes more harm than good.

These are ideals, of course. :smoke:

2. That's cool. I'm a secular humanist. Basically, I believe in the value of life and freedom, human life and freedom in particular.

Simple :)

3. I like this comment and think of myself as Humanist... well, really just a... anarchist at heart. I think a certain amount of energy has to be spent trying to fix our system, only to relies that i cant do much to change the hierarchical system we have... I'm an apathetic fuck.