Your personal life philosophy.

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by .AcidTrip., Jul 1, 2011.

1. I'v read many many threads, that are no more than a simple yet huge realizations about life and so.

this is just a thread to share those, only rule is you explain how you live and what you believe living life is all about in only 3 lines :)

I know it might sound stupid but it would really mean a lot to me, i like reading about how people think and hopefully learn something but long threads can't do anymore some just end up so bad :laughing:.

Yours dearly,

2. FuuuCK Bitches!
    Get M0nEy!
    SmoKe CannaBis!
    DrinK ALc0H0l!

this doin it for ya?

3. Treat others the way you wanna be treated :D

hmm...that's all I got. Short ,sweet , and to the point:laughing:

4. I think you need to get some sleep :laughing:

Treat people the way you want to be treated.

beautiful shit man, totally with you on that.

5. Not to be a downer, but I've realized life is inherently pointless and I'm okay with that. Don't get me wrong, life is beautiful, in every way possible but what's the point?

6. i go to sleep at 7am sharp! haaaaaaa

another philosophy of mine is
    if a girl puts you in the friend zone
    PUT HER IN THE RAPE ZONE!!!

7. i think living is all about living.

theres no single purpose or meaning to life.

it's just life. you gotta make what you can of it, and an ideal that should be held above all others is love. even if it hides behind disagreement and anger.

emotions get the better of people in the moment. we should strive for love (peace) above all else. love and peace can still exist behind hostility. nobody's perfect.. emotions are bound to get the better of all of us sometimes.

people are passionate about their beliefs. it's easy to forget that disagreement doesn't have to mean hatred.

thus, my thread:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/spirituality-philosophy/841153-all-love.html

8. People always told me i was negative for similar thoughts,
    I'v always seen life seriously empty, i mean we are programmed to work and study from a very young age but no matter how much we do we will still end up the same, nothing will matter and nothing will count.

unless you have helped humanity and left a mark in this world to be remembered with and that is something i hopefully can try to achieve, atleast to leave good memories of me to my family and friends.

Hahhahaa that's actually pretty fun, i will remember that.

good shit ;)

9. "The secret for harvesting from existence the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment is........... to live dangerously! At long last the search for knowledge will reach out for its due: — it will want to rule and possess, and you with it!"

10. I guess just live, like upfromskies said. Try not to let the future or the past bring you down or alter your course.

11. Live life to the fullest.

love others despite differences .

don't trust the government .

"He who takes a stand is often wrong, but he who fails to take a stand is always wrong. " ~ Anonymous

12. Being in the present moment is the way to go! Everything is so beautiful and the silence is truly golden!

13. The outside world is 100% a reflection of you on all levels.

Perspective is reality.

Diet is mor important than you would think!

14. live life knowing that your time and experiences spent here on earth are but a reflection upon yourself. when you see your brother/sister you gotta see yourself and the god within them. one love.

15. this aint our first life and its deffintly not our last you just gotta live it and find the things inside your self to fix or tune up on

live life and find yourself :smoke:

16. penetrate women.
    acquire currency.

17. If life gives you lemons, say fuck the lemons and bail

18. I am inspired by Descartes original process of destroying existing concepts and rebuilding from positions eliminating as much doubt as possible. I have decided that doubtlessness is almost impossible in a reality where I can really doubt anything. Cogito ergo sum is doubtable, in my view.

I have designed some criteria for "effective certainty." It involves some sense criteria and basic statements like "understanding the deceptions possible from the senses, what is evident by the senses examined critically can be considered effectively true." Add to that, wherever an agreement between multiple persons under the same circumstances increase the validity of said senses. I stand alone under the daytime sky and observe the blueness of it, and it is effectively certain. When others agree, it is confirmed. We can argue over what to call that shade of blue, but we call it the same before the argument over the specific shade begins.

Evident sense input is effective certainty with the caveat that senses are deceptive, which is why it is EFFECTIVE certainty and not absolute. Confirmation by others is what allows me to characterize it as the "shared reality." People make contrary claims, and I call them "divergent subjective observations." I can't verify them. Some people may agree with those observations, but if they are fair about it (ie. they admit they are personal observations that can't be universal) they must admit that their ideas are similar but they can't know they're exactly the same.

Such personal realities are fine with me, but I think no one should expect me to accept them on words alone. It's not closed minded to take this position - it's practical. I'm open enough to listen, but life is full of people who are more talk than show. (I wish my life wasn't reinforcing this fact so aggressively lately!)

This basically covers a bit of epistemology and in some peripheral way some of metaphysics. When it comes to metaphysics, I find a lot of it useless. There are questions that only lead to more questions, and then there are questions that only lead to questions about why those questions are even asked. Neither case is very practical to me.

Ethically, the territory is strange and perilous and requires a great deal of caution and pragmatism. I appreciate the idea of impartiality, the notion that we are all family. I don't want, nor do I like to see, divisions arising between groups of people over stupid things like superstitions (sorry religious people: I'm talking partly (but not entirely) to you!).

I appreciate the notion of universal love, but I worry with some people that they might let it turn to an absolute which would cripple them in dealing with irrational people. If my brother is a heroine addict, I must choose between helping him "pay his rent" without truly knowing whether he will choose to be homeless and high instead of having a home and having to be without a fix. I would feel better most of the time if some of the champions of "universal love" would at least give an indication that there have to be caveats.

People talk of positivity and negativity as two different things, which irritates me. There is no such thing as either, both are judgements. Trying to avoid this or that means running away from half of your personal impulses. The way I hear it expressed, I get the impression that people are reacting to their mistakes by simply trying to completely escape one half of their impulses.

It's better to understand impulses without categorizing them like that. Both what are called "positive" and "negative" can have both constructive and destructive use. I would even go as far as to say that "destructive" things can be "constructive," so it's lunacy to try to avoid one or the other for the sake of embarassment or irritation over past or potential error.

In the end, no matter how frustrating it is, the best we can do is all we can do. I try to rise above my petty gripes and realize them for the waste of time that they are. I try to be involved with whatever community I share, and expose my constructive ideas to those who are motivated similarly. I can't change the world by myself, and it's good to comisserate with others who also understand this.

And perhaps most importantly, talk is cheap. Both on the internet and in my real life (having recently relocated to Las Vegas, "sin city"), I continually encounter people who only want to talk. I just want to accomplish something. I could take a fucking vow of silence if only I could find a way to continually accomplish without meetings, negotiations, and various other excuses to sit around eating and getting fat instead of getting out there and actually doing things.

This really only breaks the surface but what you seemed to ask for would probably require me to write a novel so it's best if I wrap it up.

19. Live and let live.