Your Legacy

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Psychedelic Goo, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Do you ever worry/wonder/give two shits about your legacy. You have no control of it. It may get smeared, 'memed', or hailed in all glory. It starts the second you die, whether from laughter/heart attack/or something of your choosing. And lasts until the planet blows up or infinite.

and now that the human race is united with the internet, something you may have done is now stuck with you forever whether you are a celeb/pimp/average no one/or nun.

but fuck the internet, besides it's ability to document peoples lives(whether you want it to or not), there are the things you do in real life that can affect homeless people/your friends/family/local astronaut, etc. and those memories will be with them forever...until they die.

so want i'm saying,,,...if you're average, your legacy will live on. mostly through family and friends plus networks, dig? okay

and if your famous like a scientist/philospher/pro snowboarder/and the pope?..wtf is this shit. your legacy will live on through centuries because now not only does your family know of your greatness, but so does the entire (connected) world.

thoughts? how do you want to be remembered? what will be your LEGACY!!....hopefully.

2. I don't care if no one remembers me.

3. When I die, I want it to be like the perk from Fallout 3 where I explode into a nuclear detonation, annihilating everything in a 2.5 mile radius.

4. As long as I die knowing I was the best person I could be ( humanitarian - wise ) I will be happy.

5. Those who wish to change the world
    According with their desire
    Cannot succeed.

The world is shaped by the Way;
    It cannot be shaped by the self.
    Trying to change it, you damage it;
    Trying to possess it, you lose it.

So some will lead, while others follow.
    Some will be warm, others cold
    Some will be strong, others weak.
    Some will get where they are going
    While others fall by the side of the road.

So the sage will be neither extravagant nor violent.

I have stopped trying to accomplish things and be remembered, and have simply begun to enjoy life for what it is. In all honesty does it really matter if you are remembered after you pass? In my opinion you would simply be wasting your time, for whether or not you're remembered by others, it will mean nothing to you when you are dead. Enjoy life and be happy, surely this is better than leaving behind a noble legacy.

6. When I die, the Universe dies with me, for I am the center of my Universe and my only Universe.

I am the Universe. No me, no nothing.