Your first concert experience...

Discussion in 'Clubs, DJ’s and Festivals' started by pearl75, Aug 20, 2010.

1. My very first concert was the Beach Boys, when I was ten years old. It was out doors, and laid back, and mostly people in their 40's-60's. So that doesn't count! :D

My first real concert experience was when I was in 7th grade. I was 12 years old, and spoiled, I'm sure. I really loved rock music. All rock music! I sailed all over the rock-n-roll spectrum, and I loved every bit of it.

So, my mom loads me, and five of my best friends in my brothers huge car (gas was really cheap back then). We all go out of state to Indiana to see Skid Row and Bon Jovi. Mind you, back in the late 80's, these were two of the hottest bands in the world...to us. ;)
    So we get there, and I had never been there before, but one of my friends had. When they let us through security, my friend bolts off and yells, "FOLLOW ME!" She leads us to the floor, where we are right on the rail against the stage, and almost in the middle. We were where every single person in that arena wanted to be.

We sat on the floor during sound check, and things were pretty chill, but I could see the tension in my mother's face. She was worried, I think about us, and the spot we were in. So, you guys know what happens as soon as the lights go down...everybody jumped to their feet and rushed the stage. We were almost crushed. Remember, we were just little kids. One of my friends was really small for his age, and very skinny. My mother grabbed him, and flung him against the rail. Then she locked arms with me and told me to grab the rail with my other hand. We made a barricade around my friend to prevent him from getting squashed.

After the initial roar wore off, and everybody went into relaxed, jam mode, we were able to loosen up a bit. Then, my mother notices these three girls coming up behind us. They kept nudging us, and bumping into us. My mother figured out what they were doing. They were trying to bump us out of the way to move us back so they could get our spot against the rail.

Hot as it was, I was wear a long, denim trench coat. They were very trendy back then. :ey: So, my mother grabs me, quickly, by my forearms, and shoves me into these girls. She doesn't let go, though. She pulls me back to her. Those three girls fell backward on each other like dominoes. Then, my mother yells at them, "Where the hell do you think you're gonna go!?! Do NOT push us again!" And they went away. The crowd around us loved it!

It was the most amazing thing I've ever seen. I had never seen my mother act like that before, and haven't since. And she never talks about it either...lol!

What's your first concert experience?

2. #2 Senior__X, Aug 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2010
    my first show was Muse in 2006 at the Aragon Ballroom.... i went 2 of my girls (one of them was dating my best friend at the time... but she was bein too flirty w me) it was pretty awesome, woulda been better if i had bud at the time, but that was the only concert ive been to without bud or drunk. all shows after ive been pretty messed up

3. #3 StringsMcGee, Aug 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2010
    My first concert experience was when I was 13 and my mother took me to see "Classic Albums Live Presents: Pink Floyd, The Wall" at the Savoy Theater.

They were a cover band that traveled all across Canada playing various classic albums. They play everything exactly note for note. It was perfect.

4. Have you seen Guthrie before?

5. My first show in a smaller theatre was Corrosion of Conformity but like the op said it was a bunch of guys in their 50's rockin out, but i was too so it kinda counts hahahah... My first REAL show...was Tool....at the Coors Amphitheatre in denver..it was fucking so kick ass HAHHAHHAA... since then...ive been to upwards of 30 shows...

6. System of a Down. I dont remember much other than it was awesome. This was when I was a newbie and we got really stoned that night

7. I have been to the warped tour before :p

8. I'll bet that was cool. I've always wanted to go to an OzzFest! I almost went one time, but something came up. I went into labor! :p

9. The first concert I went to was Jack's Mannequin last year at the Egyptian Room in Indianapolis. I didnt know who was opening for them. The first band that opened for them was not that good IMO but then the band Fun came out and blew the roof off that place, They kicked ass. I didnt think it could get any better than that but boy was I wrong. Andrew McMahon came out with the rest of Jack's Mannequin and instantly went into the song "Crashin" and IT WAS AMAZING. The song "Bloodshot" was INSANE! (you guys should check it out sometime if you havent ever heard it) Every song was better than the last and Andrew ended it with the music box version of "Swim" and that was life changing for me. (Swim is another song I recommend if you havent heard it).

10. Unfortunately, no. He's by far my favorite artist and composer, and he's definitely the most talented guitar player recording today. It's a shame hardly anyone knows about him.

11. My first real concert was a local show, which are always the most entertaining in my opinion. Sure, some bands are shitty, but everyone is there just to have fun. That atmosphere is really what made me want to start playing music.

12. my 1st "show" (small concert, i.e. at Club Venue) was to see A.F.I. back in 2001 (before they started playing them on the radio) at the Palace in Hollywood. My first "concert" (i.e. venue with large stages and outdoor performances) was the Warped Tour 01-02 i think. I didn't blaze then, but almost every show or concert i go to now i usually take some herbals in (Kottonmouth Kings, Cypress Hill SmokeOut and reggae shows), it's a must and think like back in the day with the Grateful Dead, smoking is a ritual that makes music especially live performances better. I haven't taken E or dropped L for any shows but always meet ppl who are tripping balls (usually they are the ones "bowing down" excessively to reggae bands in the front row lol). good ish tho

13. my first show was Weird Al when i was like 8.

i dont like shows that arent punk shows these days. not enough energy.

14. First concert was Michelle Branch lol, stayed for like 10 minutes and left, I was like 13.
    First REAL concert was April 24th, 2008 Blu & Exile :hello: Fashawn opened, back then he wasn't as known as he is now, I went alone cuz no one else knew who Blu was and I chopped it up with Fash for a good 20 minutes before the show started. Great fuckin performances throughout the show, Blu killed it and at one point was right in front of me in the crowd.

Since then i've seen Planet Asia & DJ Muggs, Evidence(I got out the hospital that day and still made it :)), Metallica, and I went to Paid Dues last year. Next week Curren$y is coming to my city :hello::hello: so yeah that's next on the calendar.

15. I saw P.O.S. last march. I also saw wiz in concert too.

16. My first was Streetlight Manifesto when i was 13

17. First concert i went to was Foo Fighters in Orlando

i went with my brother

best concert i have been to yet
    :smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking:

18. Cannibal Corpse. I was 14. Brutal as fuck.

• Like Like x 1