Your Favorite Parent Strains?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by Buddha88, Mar 4, 2010.

1. I was just wondering what everyones favorite parent strains are? Im currently building up a genetics collection but am just curious what everyone out there is working with? Post your lists here. If you can include this information

Strain
    Clone or Seed(if seed then breeder)
    Mother or Father Plant
    Anything else you wanna mention!

I have a pretty good knowledge of strains but am just drawing a blank at making a good list lol. Hoping some of you remind me of whats out there and maybe we make a good list for the City in the Process! Thanks for your help!

2. #2 lessismore, Mar 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2010
    I'm really uncertain of today's market. Seeds are at a premium, everyone wants the latest fancy named strain, many of the old school genetics have been phased out and/or reowrked to the point they are not the same. Most of the strains I work with are the old school strains; such as: Seed Bank Northern Lights strains, SSSC land races and hybrids, some old California strains and local strains from various states, and of course the handful of land races I acquired from some travels in my younger years.

I have not only worked hard to keep these lines going, I have tried to keep them in their pure form. We see so much talk of these new fancy named strains that we forget just how great some of these old school strains really were/are.

3. I like the afgans I have a great hialayian and I know its probally been worked a mile away from its foundation genetics. but I have backcrossed it alot and it gives good results and really tuff offspring. I only use it for males It makes for a good fem but I like it for my cubeing, so I look for my breeding males. for me its always a great dad.

4. I like a good orphan myself :D.

I have a couple good Afghani landraces, Hindu Kush is great, however most of what we see from seed sources have been reworked. My favorite is the Khyber Valley Afghani I have; makes great hash. Hands down Thai is my favorite strain. It my be a bitch to get some of those undesirable traits out, but with time and effort it can be done. I'd put a good Thai up against any 100% Sativa there is.

I feel the same way. Keep the males working and the females happy and pregnant. That is the best way to accomplish a good strain in breeding.