Your favorite "outdoors" picture

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Arnack, Aug 6, 2008.

1. #1 Arnack, Aug 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2008
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. i wish i could go here.

Attached Files:

3. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Simply beautiful. :wave:

4. beautiful. thanks for sharing. +rep

5. one of the best pics i took while away from the city this summer.

Attached Files:

6. #8 cheebaa, Aug 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2008
  7. I'm jealous cheebaa :(. I love the thousands of little light reflections everywhere in the frog picture. I bet half the people that look at it miss the second frog, then it's like 'oh shit it's been staring at me the whole time.' :smoke:

• Like Like x 1

8. +rep for actually noticing the second frog.

Its funny how hardly any one sees the second one- I usually just point it out to people.

It actually took me atleast 10 kayak trips before I found an area with frogs during some daylight hours. And whats funny- there was only the one in the background at first when I started taking the pictures. Then the one in the foreground hopped up and hung around long enough for me to catch them both in a decent shot.

9. daiummm some nice pics!! i just got a couple nice backgrounds for when the time strikes!! lol
    so thanks!!!!!

Attached Files:

10. what about the third frog ;)?

11. #13 nugsNbeer, Oct 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2008
    amazing pictures all!

heres some of my favorite digital shots, let me know what you think

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the last one is called Collision of Forces and is my second one to be published for the is International Library of Photography.

12. My part of the world...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Here are some of my favorite shots (from my favorite places) that I've taken over the years.

Narlai, India
    [​IMG]

Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
    [​IMG]

Blue Hole, off the coast of Belize
    [​IMG]

Sapa, Vietnam
    [​IMG]

Halong Bay, Vietnam
    [​IMG]

Antelope Canyon, Arizona
    [​IMG]

Vermont
    [​IMG]

14. Took this one down the street:

[​IMG]

15. here are a few of my favorite pics, and hopefully a preview of a future trip
    Location: North Eastern Pakistan on the boarder of China, The Karakoram Range
    I hope to travel here one day, just trekking throughout the Karakoram Range.

K2 seen from Concordia, the 2nd Highest Mountain in the world, nick-named "The Savage Mountain", which sadly, is very true, on August 1st of this year 11 people died high on the mountain.
    ...it may look like the mountain is a quick trip, but is actually an entire day's walk.
    [​IMG]

Trango Towers Highest vertical faces in the world, simply incredible. Located about 15 miles from K2.
    [​IMG]

Nanga Parbat This is actually part of the Pakistani-Himilayan range
    [​IMG]

Moving east, we enter the mountainous country of Nepal.

Ama Dablam commonly referred to as the most beautiful peak in the world, less than 20km from Mount Everest, is located in Eastern Nepal near the western cwm
    [​IMG]

Lhotse and Everest
    Lhotse and Mount Everest are the 4th, and the highest mountains in the world. They are connected by the South Col, connecting everest to Lhotse, creating the south col route to climb everest.

The Lhotse Face
    [​IMG]

In this Image, the peak in the middle is Lhotse, the saddle on the left is whats called the South Col, and the monsterous wall climbing out of the picture on the left is Everest. You are viewing the normal route up Everest, the giant wall of ice is what is called the Lhotse Face. Climbers must conquer the south wall before they can even attempt Everest. with most of the face being between a 40-60 degree angle, some areas surpaase 60, even 70 degrees at some parts.

[​IMG]

in this image we see the North Ridge of Everest from the Rongbock Monestary

16. [​IMG]
    Bonkers the crazy chipmunk
    [​IMG]
    Yours truly
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1