Your favorite classic rock band.

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by CAZx7, Apr 9, 2008.

1. What classic rock band is your favorite? There were so many good ones and its a hard decision. For me it came down to Led Zeppelin and The Doors, and Led Zeppelin just edged it out. They're both great though. So what's yours?

2. Led Zeppelin with the Velvet Underground in a close 2nd.

I randomnly listen to classic rock though..

3. I picked Pink Floyd :) I got all their albums and i loved them since forever

4. The Mighty Zep ftw with The Beatles and Pink Floyd tied for 2nd.

5. i picked jimi but really i worship all those bands except the eagles

6. Beatles. So many good albums.

7. Picked Hendrix but it took me about 5 minutes staring at the options to decide between Hendrix, The Doors and Zeppelin. All three are so close to my heart.

8. such a hard question. There was an epic lord of the rings type battle between The Beatles, Led Zep, Floyd and queen. Led Zep.? well their overall awesomeness wins. One of the greatest guitarists, drummers and singers ever. Floyd? please do i need to explain? They are just amazing. Queen? Freddy Mercury one for the greatest EVER. But in the end The Beatles came out on top. How can you cant not love the beatles. I listen to all types of music and certain days i can listen to classic rock and hate hip hop but the next day i can listen to hip hop but not classic rock. However, the beatles i can listen to wherever, whenever, however.

9. pink floyd ftw.

10. God damn it why does everyone forget poor JPJones! Awsome fucking bassist too!

11. Jefferson Airplane.
    Although its really a three way tie between JA, the Beatles, and Floyd.

12. I chose the Beatles, even tho i have a led zeppelin tattoo,lol there tied for second with floyd. I just fucking love the beatles, sit on my deck with a beer and a joint, put abbey road on and forget about everything.

13. John Paul Jones is amazing, you are right, i shouldt have given him the shaft. Led Zep wouldnt be Led Zep without him. He adds so many little things even when hes not on bass.

I apologize! :smoking:

14. he definately was. he was amazing at bass and on a keyboard. during concerts he would just play solos of classical piano songs for around 20 minutes during dazed and confused. no quarter is also one of my favorite zeppelin songs and he played a big part in that.

15. to hard to pick but i said the who for my man john entwistle, the greatest bassist to ever live, simply put

16. i know it's reggae, but bob marley is a classic and he rocks!