Your Favorite Cinematic Moments

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Medicine Al, Sep 1, 2008.

1. The Greatest Japanese film of all time.

Seven Samurai
    [​IMG]

2. We've already got Seven Samurai in this thread, first page :) :) :)

Edit: Ah shit, I take that back, I put that entry into the Ever Cried Like a Little Girl thread..... But as you can see from my avatar, Seven Samurai is my most favoritest movie of all time. I have 2 different versions of it on DVD because the sub tracks on each one are a little bit different.

3. [​IMG]

thats almost sig worthy

ya fuckin cock-a-roach

4. Oh man foop I didnt even notice your avatar thats crazy.

Nobody i know has even seen it, its a shame.

I have it on my laptop and on a vhs haha

amazing movie

5. Yeah, it's a picture of Snow White and The Seven Samurai.

6. I love The Seven Samurai, but I love Yakuza Papers alittle bit more.

[​IMG]

Best Japanese cinema IMO.

7. [​IMG]

"Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right, here I am! Stuck in the middle with you"

8. #68 morrowb, Oct 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2008
    Classic.

[​IMG]

9. Agree to disagree. They just released a new DVD collection of Yakuza Papers that is just splendid.

10. The Wild Bunch - The Final Shootout

[​IMG]

The Proposition -

(((SPOILERS)))Arthur Burns shoots, then recites poetry to John Hurt (((END SPOILER)))

[​IMG]

And they've been mentioned before, but props to the shootout from Heat and the ending to The Wicker Man.

11. I also liked these two.
    [​IMG]
    (SAW ripped this movie off, and showed me that the Japanese know how to do horror movies)
    [​IMG]
    (shit never gets old, always love to pop it in while high)

12. Battle Royale is one of my favorite books. I must have read the thing 5 or 6 times. It's complete pulp but it is so fun... I also love the movie (I own the second one also) but it just can not compare to the book.

Godzilla Final Wars was pretty good too, somewhat of a return to form for the franchise.

13. #74 the roach, Oct 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2008
    [​IMG]
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
    I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
    All those... moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain
    Time...to die."

14. I can't believe I got scooped on BladeRunner! Classic scene, Roach, I loved that film, I used to have it on 'Laserdisk', a huge ungainly forerunner of the DVD, that had disks the size of the old vinyl 33 1/3 LPs. I've seen it at least a couple dozen times!

The Lazerdisk will not be the future of video btw.:D Any one wanna buy one, cheap?

Here's the last guy who bought one, does he look nuts to you?
    [​IMG]
    Jack Nicholson as Jack
    directed by Stanley Kubrick. The Shining.

[​IMG]Here's Johnny!

15. "Here's some more money for your pocket"

[​IMG]

16. [​IMG]

Need I say more? I first saw this movie when I was 10 and I had nightmare for weeks after.

[​IMG]

I think the scene as the countless numbers of Aliens are crawling through the air ducts trying to get into the marines secured base of operations is one of the most tense and thrilling scenes ever filmed... Especially when Bill Paxton stops acting like a little bitch and steps up

[​IMG]

Brokedown Palace... I don't know why I love this movie so much but I think the final scene sums it up the best.. If you have never seen this movie, I urge you to and to not shed tears when the credits start rolling. (Claire Danes talking to her friends dad is also a great scene... man, she can act!)

And my final entry on this post is from American Psycho. This scene needs to be viewed so here is a video clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=923xrzsb3hI

When I first heard that they were making this into a movie, I never thought it could translate at all (and in many cases it didn't) but this scene completely captures the entire tone and feel of the book and it was done marvelously.