Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Your experiences with Colorado dispensaries

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by thorn, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Hi! I'm a very new MMJ patient in Colorado, and am feeling quite at sea when it comes to finding a good dispensary. I guess it feels like it's a jungle out there, and I have no map. I'd love to know what your favorite Colorado (Denver and surrounding areas in particular) dispensaries are and what your recommendations are!

I've been to CannaMart in the Denver Tech Center, and I would not go back...nothing seemed that fresh, and I didn't like the vibe there.

I've also been to a dispensary (can't remember the name) that is right next door to the CannaMed offices, and of the two that I've been to, that one was better, IMO.

So....help? Thanks!!:confused_2:

2. I went to the one in Loveland - Natures Medicine - several times a couple of months ago and I liked it. They had a good variety and reasonable prices. The quality of the bud was good and it looked well tended.

Hope this helps.

3. If you're wiling to go all of the way up to fort collins, Enerchi is a great place. There is also one off of drake and college (don't know the name) that has hash and great eatables along with some dank herb. I would recommend either. Google that shit and i'm sure you can find some places near you though.

4. Thank you thank you! :D

I have googled, and know of places around here, but I'd love to get some feedback first before I try them....I'd rather hit up a great dispensary first rather than waste time on an iffy place, you know? :cool:

5. guess ill "bump" thread back lol

if anyone has a solid review of any dispensary they reccomend with top shelf meds and great prices, i to would love to here.

where are good cheap edibles?

6. #7 AlterEggo, Aug 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2009
    The best dispensary in CO for me is definitely Highland Health. They always have amazingly rare strains - for instance right now they have Purple Urkel and Head Band (highly sought-after bud). I like the way they rate their bud there - things like White Widow, Sour Diesel, Northern Lights aren't considered top shelf. They reserve top-shelf for the truly amazing scores like Head Band. Everyone there is really nice. Here - just check out the menu! It's subject to change by the time you may read this but here's the list...

• Pineapple
    • Hawgs Breath
    • Purple Urkle
    • BubbleGum
    • Northern Lights
    • Purple Lavender
    • Sour Diesel
    • Grapefruit
    • Outmix
    • Mr. Nice
    • Bubble Berry
    • Head Band
    • Spicy Jack
    • Blue Dog
    • Pure Kush Hash

Here's a link to their menu -
    Today's Menu - Highland Health - Wellness Center and Medical Marijuana Dispensary

Also worth mentioning is the buds are always top quality, dried correctly...etc. Just check out Purple Urkel - amazing stuff!

I just ate a pure kush (yes, OG Kush) cake. I'm blazed!

7. What are prices?

8. #9 AlterEggo, Aug 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2009
    for patients I believe it's $45.00 for 1/8ths of high quality (White Widow, Northern Lights, Sour Diesel) and $50.00 for the top shelf.

EDIT : Actually maybe it's $50-$55...

9. by patient does that mean signing them over as your caregiver?

10. Correct.

11. well i checked out highland health today actually!

very cool place, funny that its suite 420! lol

anyways i bought a few edibles, he showed me the hash they used to make it, i ate one about an hour ago, and feel pretty good, gonna smoke a bowl of sour d to help.

i also checked out the headband that they had. fucking bomb looking shit!

i couldnt get it though cause im not a patient of theirs.

can you shine some more light on signing over them as my caregiver?

i mean from what i here a lot of people sign over a lot of these clubs as caregivers, and neither notify the state, or the caregiver, when they change it.

i have also heard that the records on caregivers is incredibly innaccurate due to this.

i still want to check out more places, but this place seemed legit, nice big room, good edibles(so far) and dank looking strains. prices were so so, but nice that sales tax is built in!

12. #13 AlterEggo, Aug 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2009
    Glad you enjoyed it. I like to keep an eye on their online menu!

Anyways, if you have them as your caregiver you get raffle tickets every visit and they do weekly drawings for an 1/8th of your choice. You get better prices, 1/2 price clones (when they come in eventually) and you get access to the specialty strains like Head Band.

I'm not sure about the caregiver mess... I'm sure it happens though! When you sign up as a patient of Highland they send the forms for you.

That place is very legit. The edibles range from awesome (pure Kush cake) to so-so. The tinctures are good for a mini-buzz but they aren't for everybody. They do have dry spells once in awhile (not lately). You should check out the Purple Urkel! It's my all-time favorite right now! Very high quality indica.

Also, they're still very new - the place is looking better every time I go in. When I first started going it was still very much under construction.

13. yeah it was pretty nice. looked like they had good buds.

im gonna check out cannamart sometime this weekend.

i like the raffle for the free 8th every week, i have already been to a dispensary each and every day since i have had my card lol, so that would increase my chances at some free bud!

14. If you're headed up north, I'd recommend stopping by In Harmony Wellness. They always have some dank strains. Some of them are custom so it won't be the big names like head band and what not but they are dank none the less.

Also, I was told to use yahoo, not google for looking up dispensaries. Apparently google blocks them.

15. interesting that google blocks them! thanks for the heads up. :smoke:

and yeah man, i go to foco once every few months to see friends and shit up there. so ill definitely have to check it out.

im abtou to eat my chocolate edible from highland health! lol

16. Signing over your caregiver slip to a dispensary is a bad idea... especally if the prices only drop $5 or $10 per eigth for doing it.

-The Budmaster

17. thats the general feel i have been getting?

i have heard of people signing over tons of clubs as their caregiver.

my question is, how is this legal? when you mail multiple pieces of paper into the state like that dont they catch on? is that ground to revoke a license?

18. It's not illegal in any way. They are legally getting their patients to sign over the slips.

Or, do you mean patients are going to clubs and signing all of the clubs as their caregiver, and then not telling any of them they are no longer their caregivers so they can still get deals on medicine?

That is fucked up... super fucked up... because by doing that you are essentially rolling the dice on sending perfectly innocent and law abiding people into legal risk.

-The Budmaster

19. ya thats exactly what i mean, as a matter of fact, some places seemed to encourage that, a friend of mine the first day he was legal checked out a few different places.

the first one pressured him into signing them as his caregiver, but not before he straight up asked if he could still sign other places as his caregiver.

if he did not notify the first caregiver(or club) of his change, does the state send notifications? do they even keep up with it?

and what is the norm for notifying a club that you are changing caregivers? is it nothing more than a simple, " hey im switching my caregiver" in an email or something?