your CALL OF DUTY

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Michael Gary Scott, Sep 19, 2008.

1. How many of you answer your call of duty(4) after burning one?
    Shits ill

2. I'm better when I'm sober.

3. #3 Foop, Sep 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2008
    I must say, CoD4 is one of the best multiplayer games of all time. All the customization and skill sets elevates it to another stratosphere. But nothing compares to the original Call of Duty in my opinion. Even more so before the expansion pack.

We were such a tight knit PC community. You could always log on to a server and find a bunch of old buds shooting the shit on a Saturday night. Sometimes staying up till 5 am in the morning talking on vent and nailing people with bolt-actions... Talking about the best map rotations, the capabilities and shortcomings of every weapon. I even remember a 4 hour conversation on ventrilo with about 15 different guys all discussing the merits of the Luger vs. the Colt 1911 (by-the-by, Colt 1911 any day).

And it was even more ramped up when you entered the competitive level (be it TWL or what). So many strong and revered clans (glad to say I was part of one). Where just seeing a certain clantag log on to the server meant a whole night of trashtalking via general chat channels... and sometimes even Ventrilo sabotage.

Call of Duty 4 isn't quite that far in terms of community but it is up there.

As far as other games with great communities. Counter Strike was and is one of the strongest going, but it was more pleasurable in the early days of the game before it turned completely elitist. Return to Castle Wolfenstein and the subsequent Enemy:Territory was like the community for the rag tag intellectuals, outsiders and misfits. Seemed more like a cult if anything. Great bunch of guys.

But I also don't think you can achieve that kind of community over the console. All that happens with the console is you log on and get trashed talked to by 15 year old kids with shitty mics. Halo, another elitist community.

I will also not be buying CoD 5 because I think Treyarch makes a shite CoD game, but I am waiting baited and breathless for CoD6.

4. Im waiting on Far Cry 2

5. hells to the yeah,

that game blew me away when it came out

6. I have never been a big gamer, but this summer we were letting my brother-in-law live with us while he was on summer break from college and I played COD4 with him and got hooked.

So now he went back to school and I ended up picking it up. I love it but I can't play high. I suck really bad and get surprised a lot easier. I end up being super jumpy and overly excitable, lol.

7. Oh my god! The first Far Cry was amazing! Even if it kind of devolved into a generic and boring shooter in the final act. Never had I seen a game with that kind of draw distance. I remember sniping guys that had to be atleast 500-600 yards out. And the graphics!

Crysis was a good hold over for Far Cry 2. This game is going to be awesome!

8. Shit, bitch, I never knew! :D

But seriously, this is the best online multiplayer game ever. Hardcore Search gets so intense when you are blazed.

I'm not a big fan of prestiging, I'm only level 2, working towards a golden AK47. I've only completed my G3... Its gonna be a while

(this should probably be in the gaming section, but I never look there)

9. CoD4 is a really fun game. Also a big fan of RSV2.

10. Hey guys, I'm playing this on PC and I have more than the required space, speed, video card etc. Why the hell is it beyond laggy even when playing single player?

11. My roommate and I turned on the pS3 right after I made this post and its double XP weekend(on the ps3 atleast) so theres some motivation to play.
    Extremely intense shit.

12. agreed... but I'm new to the game anyway, and I prefer just watching or talking on the mic anyway :smoking: hahahahaha. I did play pretty well drunk the other night, though.

13. when I got my gold cross, I lost interest a little bit, been playing civ rev alot, its pretty dope.

14. yea, I hate how nobody ever stays to the end of the matches though

15. What the fuck? I went to go play CoD4 for the first time in months the other day and the server list wouldn't load. I know I have the up to date version... this pisses me off.

16. I found some of my old Call of Duty screenshots, figured I would give you guys an example of how good we were (and to inflate my ego). And no, I had the username Frank The Tank before Old School came out, ever since CS I've had it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Suck it bitches, and that is Retrieval... wish I had some old TDM screenshots of 70:5 kill/death ratios.

17. Not at all the best multiplayer game..although it very well could be if the multiplayer online RANKING SYSTEM, MATCH MAKING and people leavin the game who have host ends the game..idk if they fixed that or not..but besides that it is one of my fav games

18. Oh sorry, I'm not talking about console CoD4, everyone knows console FPS is a fucking joke compared to PC gaming. All your problems with the game are not encountered when played with the real boys over on the PC.

19. sorry..pc games aren't my thing..shooting people using my mouse and keyboard just doesn't cut it

20. "Real boys" playing that video game. Its just a game