your best friends you love?

Discussion in 'General' started by The Third Eye, Jul 27, 2011.

1. #1 The Third Eye, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2011
    Tl;dr: do any of you guys have any lifelong friends? What's some of the suit you guys have been through or just some fun times had together?

do any of you guys have any friends youre so close with that you would tell you loved them ( just as you would tell a family member you love them) and still feel totally comfortable with it?
    example:
    me-it was good talkin to you man
    him- good talkin to you too
    me- love you bro take it easy.
    him-love you too man, peace

i only have one friend i feel comfortable saying that to. he's been my best friend since i was in 5th grade. we lived on the same street and moved to the same town around the same time. we were pretty much inseparable all throughout middle school and high school. how close of friends we were kind of kept us from makin other friends but we didnt care because we were so tight we didnt really need anyone else.

we went through so much shit

one time we got into the hobby of climbing on top of all of the local schools and we both got caught and taken home by the police for the first time in our lives, luckily no legal trouble.

i was with him when he was going through a small stint of a pill addiction that abruptly ended when he overdosed. however he relapsed and since has stopped taking pills, but continues using cannabis (of course :hello:)

one thing that i still feel terrible about and think about to this day is an incident that happened in high school sophomore year. my friend had been bringing vodka to school and drinking it occasionally at school and never got caught, although i told him not to do it because he could get kicked out of school. then about a week later i got him to bring me 3 water bottles full of vodka to take home to be able to withstand the stress of being at home with an alcoholic father who was very verbally abusive (sometimes physically ex:choking my brother by holding him by his neck and crushing his airway, pushing my mom through the wall etc.) and in a bad relationship with his girlfriend. well i just couldnt make it through the school day apparently with all of that alcohol so i started downing it throughout class and sharing it with friends, i got so wasted i threw up in class and got arrested and kicked out of school. i had no experience with police and they played good cop bad cop and threatened to arrest my parents so i ended up ratting out my best friend and he got kicked out too. we both went to alternative school together.

i believe even though i betrayed him, i have worked so hard to make it up and now we are closer than ever before even though we live quite a distance away.

I forgot to add me and this kid both smoked for the first time with eachother. We had it planned weeks in advance, it wasn't something somebody ever pressured us to try, but we actively seeked it out because we didn't believe the DARE hype haha.

recently he got a tattoo on his shoulder of a quote on a badass shield that says, "you gave me peace in a lifetime of war." which he told me was for me and represented our friendship. this meant so much to me.

man, i know alot of people hate on us and make fun of us because of how close we are but i think it may be because not many people have had the chance to have such a strong bond with a friend. it really is something else. i know this kid will be my friend for the rest of my life. i can just tell and its really cool knowing i got someone there for me like that.

im really curious to see if anybody else on GC has a friend like this?
    if i had to describe id say its a nice step above best friends forever.

2. I know this is an ass of text but I'm just gonna bump once cuz it's something I'd really like to talk to you guys about but I know most of you are too lazy to ready this haha.

3. .. Not really. I've got close friends and shit and I'm comfortable around them.. but we don't say we love eachother

4. Yeah one of my friends just seems to get me more than most people

5. Of course I do. I've been friends with this girl for like almost 20 years. We've been through so much together and we'll go through so much together as well. We're always here for each other and she's practically my sister. I tell her I love her and I really do. I'm trying to convince her to get bff tattoos with me. We're both gamers (started way back in the day with good ol' Mario). I'm trying to get her to get a Yoshi tat and me get a Luigi tat (she was always Yoshi and I was always Luigi in Mario Kart). She's apprehensive because of the pain of her first tattoo...
    But regardless...
    She's my girl.

6. I told my best friend I loved him and i was there for him.He said I love you to man.

7. #7 The Third Eye, Jul 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Thats the type of thing I'm talking about man. It's awesome to have a friend that's on that kind of level with you. It reminds me of the end of Superbad haha

8. I have when my best friends mom died. I think its very acceptable then though.

9. I wish I had a friend like that me and my best friend are drifting apart, and I don't want to.

10. I had a female friend that i've known since 5th grade. Over the years, she was my first female hug(Other than family member), first kiss, first BJ, and the last time I saw her she took my virginity. It's sad now that she's 20 and engaged, and we live far away. :(