young plant with new yellow growth

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Ridiculous, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Hello everyone. Been so long since I posted our have tried growing. But I jumped back in and now I need some help. I'll copy and paste the questions to answer and post pics. Thank you in advance!
    What type of medium; soil or hydro?
    coco coir
    What brand and type of soil?
    botanicare coco gro
    Indoors or outdoors?
    indoors
    What strain?
    Northern lights
    How old are the plants?
    less than 2 weeks
    What type of lights and how many watts?
    cfl 84 watts each plant
    How far from the lights?
    2 inches
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? Ever few days tap water
    What, how much and when was it fed?
    Fox farm grow big and big bloom
    1 tsp grow big
    1 tbsp big bloom last night

What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?
    haven't checked runoff ph
    What are the temps and humidity in the room?
    70F 58%
    What size pots?
    Small solo cups
    Any bugs? Look real close.
    no

2. I have two plants going. Took a pic of each one.

Attached Files:

3. #3 TheAnswer121, Nov 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2013
    nute burn. nothing but water for first 2-3 weeks

flush with ph'd water 2-3x size of your cup

4. That sounds like a soil grow. I'm in coco. This seems like a deficiency to me, no?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Do NOT flush coco with straight water. You will fuck up the cations in the medium locking away important nutrients.

Lemme check on that fox farms stuff to see what you should be feeding, bit I can tell you its too much at this stage of growth.

BTW, Well done on filling out the form and providing the necessary information....makes it SO much easier for us to help and saves us all a lot of time. Ill be back with amounts a bit later.

6. Thanks man! I'm all about easy!

7. Real quick....you want to check ph going in, bit don't bother fussing over the runoff ph; it will fluctuate unless the EC is the same going in and coming out as salt levels in the runoff will affect the ph. Be back after I have a look at FF labels.

8. Ya I adjust ph to 5.5-6 going in. Never checked coming out though

9. K so the grow big is a 6-4-4 yes? They didn't have the rest of the ingredients available so if youncan track it down, post it here. They say it has micros, just not how much.

With coco you want to water with nutrients, even if it is a small amount as the medium holds on tk some of that stuff. When you hydrated the coco did you charge it? Meaning...when you first add water to your coco (assuming its already been cleaned of excess salts in some brands, but I've never had issues with botanicaire) you need to add a small amount of nutrients, making sure it has macros and micros. This can cause issues right out of the gate, as you're trying to satisfy the coco and the plant at the same time.

Do you have a ppm/EC pen to check concentration? It will help quite a bit. You want to run a pretty low EC until they get established, somewhere around .2 or .3. Not sure how strong that FF stuff is, bit you probably want to stay at or below a 1/2 tsp of the grow per gallon. Work your way up as she develops and asks for more. I would use only the grow straight through to the transition and then work in the bloom to add K. I would not phase out the grow entirely though, as leaving out N messes with the ability of P to do its job. Keep them green and healthy (contrary to forum beliefs plants that look like dogshit is not normal) and you will be rewarded.

10. I did not charge the coco,no. I watered when I planted the seed with plain phed water. And fed it next time it needed water with 1/2 tsp of grow big. I didn't have the big bloom yet.
    And no I don't have a ppm pen, yet. It's on the agenda though.

So you agree that it's over nuted and not a deficiency?

11. I'd really like to see the label on that FF to see the micronutirents in it and their concentrations. Also keep in mind that tap water varies, and greatly affects the balance. You have some slight discoloration but nothing like what you see with the people starting off in hot soil like MG or FF.

Get that EC meter so you know whatbis going in and coming out. Stay around the 1/2 tsp per G and see if you can get the rest of the info on your grow big.

12. Thanks man! I'll keep the dosage low and see if it comes out of it. My next watering is just supposed to be straight water. Should I use distilled water since I don't know my ppm on the tap water and don't have funds to get a pen yet? Or just stick with phed tap water? Also I'm not using any cal mag, but it sounds like I should be with ff and coco, agree ?

And ya I can't find the info on the micros in ff. Maybe I should call em...