Young ones

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Standapug, Sep 10, 2016.

1. #1 Standapug, Sep 10, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    20160910_141843.jpg 20160910_141826.jpg Alright guys, currently on day 9 from seeds and placed under 600w yesterday at just over half a metere away. Is this ok and have slight nutrient burn will this pass? In canna soil.

• Like Like x 1
  2. You got any pics?

3. If you are in soil, you maybe shouldn't be feeding them this early. I generally don't feed until about 28 days in Ocean Forest. A good soil will have plenty of good stuff to get you through 3-4 weeks. Straight water.
    If it's hydro, I have no clue. Someone please chime in.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. Not sure about canna soil I use coco and led lights but keep an eye on it and if it's showing no signs of heat stress or light stress you should be okay. As far as nute burn you should not have giving your plants any nutes yet at only 9 days old especially if your using soil that comes with some nutes in them ex potting soil. Seed starting soil. Etc I know people that use fox farm soil can have some problems with young plants cause the soil is too hot. A seedling has enough nutrients to live for about the first 2 weeks of its life. When using a spoiless medium or dwc where your roots sit directly in the water at all times you can get away with fertilizing a fee days earlier maybe day 10 or so. Probably mixed soils have some nutrients in them and actually some will grow a plant right through till harvest without feeding at all. Those soils contain time release fertilizers right in the soil. If you do have nute burn just use plain ph'd water for the next few feedings. The plants will tell you when they want more or less food by showing nute burn or by showing deficiencies. For future reference when you post a question on here or any forum for that matter give as much detail as you can. Like pot size and type type of medium type of nutes how much nutes light schedule what kind of lights your using how old your plants are what your temps and humidity is. As much info as you can think of. It helps expierenced growers give you an specific answer to correct your problem, answer your question properly as well. When you say you have a little nute burn how are you gonna fix it. Lower your nutes nut which ones? If you lower all your nutes next thing you know your plant will be showing deficiencies then what add more nutes but which ones do you need to add to fix that specific deficiency. You will find you will get alot more responses when you are very specific with good quality pics. Nobody wants to give someone wrong info to fix there plant and then it gets worse. If your seeds aren't stretching up high fast and there not getting damage from heat then you are prob good. For a seedling I would put a 600 about 1 meter above the seedlings for the first day then I would lower it a couple inches everyday until you get it to the desired hieght you want. I would say it would be around 18-22" it will be different every time strain dependent lifespan of light older the light closer you can get some better lights you may have to stay 24" above plants.

sent from my garden

• Like Like x 1
  5. J
    Just added a couple

6. Thanks guys, just gave them ph'd water yesterday and plan to do so for the next 10 days or so. Its super lemon haze.

8. 20160910_141843.jpg 20160910_141826.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. They seem ok to me....light water with a spray bottle once a day should be sufficient. Don't go overboard it's only a tap root at the moment with a very minimal feeding system. I usually use a very light kelp mixture for my seedlings but that's my personal preference.

10. Thanks j, i was concidering using a spray bottle. Its my 2nd time in soil an last time was a disaster so just trying my hand to weed out the mistakes now, pardon the pun ☺

• Like Like x 1
  11. It works nice it covers a wide area with a nice even distribution in a fine mist, few sprays will saturate the soil nicely and evenly which is key to happy soil

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nice one fella, al post another couple of pics in a few days. Thanks again for the guidence. World needs more guardians of the flower ☺

• Like Like x 1
  13. Alright guys. Thought i would give an update on how things are goin. Now on day 13 an feeding them 5ml per ltr of canna tetra veg since monday, saturday and sunday wer 2 ml per ltr and they have responded well. Have seem to come into there own since i started the feed. The one on the back left i think is gonna have a bit of stretch but would like your opinion folks. Got the light 15" from the tops and the fans are dealing ok for now but am getting a large fan in tbe next week or so 20160914_103831.jpg 20160914_103857.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. Did you add perlite to the soil? I'm hoping you won't have drainage issues later. As time goes on soil tends to bind together making it less permeable

15. No perlite, never knew fella. Hope it eont cause me problems down the line. Is there anything i can do to solve this? I have a bucket of water sitting with a large airstone in which i use for the feed, will this get extra oxygen to the roots?

16. Yeah add a mild dish soap if you have problems with water not getting in the soil I add 1 teaspoon of all natural dish soap to my water or feed

• Like Like x 1
  17. With 1 ltr its draining out the bottom for now but i will keep an eye out and if i see a change i will do as you say or should i start now?

18. I would wait until you run into problems but a small amount a drop or two won't hurt it's recommended with soil that's not draining well or dry in spots. If you are getting good drainage then I would say you are fine. But like I said time is the biggest part of the scenario

19. All draining fine for now fella byt a will use your method if the time comes. Thanks for the tips and al update with more pics on monday ☺

• Like Like x 1
  20. #20 Standapug, Sep 17, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
    20160917_111417.jpg Hi guys just wondering if they usualy grow this slow in soil, any ideas 0lease folks ir am a just bein impatient lol?

• Like Like x 1