You will all laugh at this

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Russia, Jun 6, 2010.

1. So the last few years I have been saving up seeds from the occasional crappy bag and planting them each spring. The first two attempts were abysmal, as I was straight up growing in plastic cups with dirt from the woods. This year, however, the plants started out great. I had them on my dorm's balcony for a while, so that I could easily bring them in if it got cold. They got to about a foot and a half high with nice, strong stems and extensive root systems. It is important to note here that I am trying to put in the absolute minimum of effort possible. The way I see it; if I get lucky then it's awesome, if I don't it really doesn't matter. In this case, though, a little extra effort would have been advisable.
    I was intending to plant my babies (6 in all) in 3 different locations. I figured that would give me a higher chance of success than putting all my eggs in one basket. I also was going to dig out a wide area of the existing soil and replace it with fertilized potting soil, and make a semi-self sufficient watering system (water jug with small hole). Nothing fancy, but a project that would take a little while.
    It was getting to near the end of the semester and I was busy as fuck. Every couple of days in the weeks before finals I would say to my roommate, "Damn, I should really put the plants in the ground.", but I never did. During finals week I worked 5 8 hour shifts (we got paid overtime) and had 5 awful exams to study for. Before I knew it, the semester was over and I had only one day before I went home. I am taking summer classes and living in a house while doing so at the moment, so on that day I had to move all my stuff out of my dorm and into here. On the day that I was leaving, the plants were still not in the ground. I took them with me to the house along with a last batch of my stuff. Unfortunately, by the time I did that, I had 15 minutes left before my train home was supposed to come. I ran into the woods across the street and dug with my hands , just plopping the plants in and patting them in. I threw some water on them and ran to the station, marking the area with a red cup on the end of an overhanging tree branch.
    Fast forward one week. I am back from home, and it's time to check on my plants. Here is were a number of major problems occured to me, in chronological order:
    1. The road that I had planted across from was seriously busy. I don't know how I didn't notice that, but there was no way to walk into the woods without my neighbors or people driving by noticing.
    2. I didn't exactly remember where in the woods I had put the plants.
    3. The plants were in crappy roadside forest soil and hadn't been watered in a week. I don't believe it rained all week.
    4. Not only did I not remember where I put the plants, but my red cup marker had either been blown off or taken. Hell, I might have just gone the wrong way and not seen it. I don't even know.
    5. The plants probably had transplant shock.

Basically, I have misplaced my plants which may or may not be dead or stolen. My incompetence is staggering. Let that be a lesson: do not slack in the duties of bud growing. Good luck to everyone, I hope you enjoyed my misfortune.

2. liek you said "The way I see it; if I get lucky then it's awesome, if I don't it really doesn't matter." no harm done even if it was a tad silly losing them but oh well theres always next time to have a succesful grow
    good luck on the search for them

3. Yeah, that transplant shock is ruthless