you know what they say about assumptions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bNbBud, Jun 24, 2009.

1. so i have 7 bigbud plants ready to flower. I grew them from feminized seeds ordered from a bank. my question is would it be assuming too much that all will be female given that there was never too hot of temps and they were grown from feminized seeds? i am still goin to sex them, i am just wondering the likelyhood of there being any males

2. Im pretty sure they will all be female, and any seeds from that bud will sprout fem seeds too( i think)

3. My last run, I ended up with a pure male out of two fem white widow seeds from Greenhouse.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/advanced...hitewidow-haze-wonderwoman-5.html#post3842326

Didnt look like a hermie, 100% male. I was growing 4 plants which fit well in my closet. Ended up with three. I assumed I was going to grow out 4. I ended up letting the 3 fatten up more thats all, but I lost a whole plants worth of WW to harvest :(

Now I plant a couple more then I intend to grow (all feminized) and pick the best 4 to grow out fully.

4. If they were from feminized seeds, they should all be female - complain to the seed supplier if they aren´t.

5. Just what cantharis said. ^^^^^^

6. The likelyhood of getting a male depends on how recessive the male genotype is, which is dependent on how long the breeder has worked at producing feminized seeds. There is no such thing as a seed that is guaranteed to be 100% female.

Over the course of many harvests, a good breeder will almost completely phase out the possibility of a male, often giving you a less than 5% chance of growing a male.

7. just a question seeming as growing is illigal in most contrys do you even have a leg to stand on to complain about the goods you got? just a thought?

8. I would imagine a good seed company would be willing to work with you without much of a fight, I just wouldnt bother complaining over one bum seed to them. They take the risk on sending to me, and do a great job at it. Shit happens, could be genetics, could be human error, either way.

9. In the UK growing may be illegal, but selling seeds is legal, and suppliers have to conform with the trades descriptions act. If I went back there I would complain. But in the land of the not so free, no way !!!!!