You ever just read something you didnt?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Soccerguy420, Oct 10, 2011.

1. It's probably happened to you also, you look around a room and then a phrase is in your head a if you had read it in that room, ie on boxes, games, book titles, news papers, anything with words in a room. And then when you get that feeling you wonder where you read it? So you look around and see where it was, sometimes you see it and then it all makes sense.

This time it didn't. I was sitting, and had just sparked a small hit off of a bowl. I looked around and heard "be prepared." in a very foreboding tone. I tried to see where I read it, that phrase was no where to be seen. My girlfriend, who had been experiencing strange, bad vibe experiences today texts me immediately after the be prepared incident, saying that she just saw a dead body floating above her.

What the fuck is going on

2. I think you need to lay off the unmentionables.

3. [quote name='"GrassCtyCitizen"']I think you need to lay off the unmentionables.[/quote]

Nothing that can't be mentioned here man, I just smoked a very small quantity of some good dank, but I've been prone to spiritual stuff

4. That shit sounds demonic which I guess could be categorized as spiritual... idk man if I was you I'd be freakin out.

5. I'm by no means relaxed. I think something nice was warning me, as I mulled it over in my head the voice sounded firm, feminine, friendly.

She said she went to a neighbor's to pet sit, none of the lights were working in the house and the dog was freaking out, she ran outta there

6. Early bump for thoughts on this occurrence

7. Jamais vu, in my opinion.

8. Yeah, it happens to all of us, whether we're aware of it or not.
    It isn't always words, it can be anything from pictures or patterns to audible slips, although the majority of our conscious communication (emphasis on conscious) is done verbally, so it is much less common to absorb audible information unconsciously.
    The truth is that you actually already have read it, it just hasn't reached your conscious awareness. It will strive to reach your awareness in any way possible.

I'm not saying that this is the explanation for your last paragraph.

9. It feels like someone close to you may die soon - perhaps unexpectedly. You're being warned so you can better deal with it when it happens.

It must be important for the both of you to have experienced something like that at the same time. That isn't coincidence.

10. that took a weird turn.
    don't sweat it.

what you were supposed to be prepared for has probably no intention of letting you know when it arrives. be prepared for death. always.

stand firm brah; learning opportunity for all of us.

11. Pray to God...seriously

12. Unmentionables... lmao that's so sad that we have to call the fun drugs that in this forum.

I don't see how any drugs will get you to that state unless you're a heroin addict going through horrible withdrawals.. and I know for a fact that a heroin addict will not spend so much time on a computer to where they participate in a forum. Shrooms, LSD, Cocaine, 2c's, Bars, MDMA, Speed, and etc. will not induce real auditory hallucinations; just distort our perception. Dramamine is the only drug that induces real hallucinations and if he was on Dramamine, the hallucination would be explainable and he wouldn't have posted this on the internet.

13. .....am I the only one who thinks that this part of the story needs a wholeeeeee lot more elaboration?

14. There are actually a great many deliriants in existence. Discussing them is, however, explicitly against forum rules.

15. I discard statements like those at the end of his OP. :laughing:

16. Ahah yeah I see the vagueness my bad. like when you avert your eyes quickly that stuff you see? That's what hung in her vision