You can't go wrong with a Hydrohut!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dpms_panther, May 7, 2007.

1. No this isn't some shameless self-promotion or viral advertising. This is just a little bang-for-buck thumbs up for HydroHuts.

http://www.4hydroponics.com/grow_room/hydrohut.asp

This is just one of the many dealers, but I'd like to say that my friend's first harvest with a deluxe returned EXCELLENT results. The deluxe is roughly 4.5x8.5' and 7.5' tall. He ran FOUR 600 watt HPS/MH systems (two ballasts) over an SoG of approximately 100 plants. Using his own fabricated ebb and flow system he was able to yield 1.1 grams/watt. It got crazy at times with him picking dead leaves up to 15 minutes every other day, but in the end the results were worth the effort. :hello:

Look at it this way, you can take 2x4's and 1/2" plywood or plastic sheets for $100 less and spend time fitting and finishing a light-tight, bugproof rollup or sliding door for a 4x4' area, or a 4x8' area... or you can get zipper installed, flange ready, flat matte interior and a deadnuts resistant canvas that is tighter than hell for $250-500. It is WORTH the investment. My friend decided it would be wise to go DIY on hydro and purchase all the way for the grow room. He's glad he didn't have to pull out his drill and hammer. :cool:

He ran his 4x4' hydrohut clone room outside of all places and, with some filters over the intake, was able to keep mosquitos, gnats, pissing cats, and birds out of the entire thing. This is smack dab in the middle of the forest mind you! The zippers and flaps do a damn fine job.

It took a whopping one hour to look at it and figure it all out. There is the one disadvantage: you really need two people to set it up. You MIGHT get away with one on a 4x4', but boy does it suck to hold 50 pounds of canvas over your head as you click the steel poles into place. Disassembly, however, is a breeze and the whole thing can come apart in less than 5 minutes and be quickly thrown in the back of a van in case of emergency. In the end we took it outside and sprayed the interior with the garden hose, then ran our RO water with a 10% dilution of bleach over the entire thing with some sponges. Ready for another go around! :hello:

2. So this IS really a shameless self-promotion and viral advertising? Just say it like it is.

3. panther.......no doubt hydro huts are dope...i got a 4x4 hut that i'm growing in...but even know there dope...they still could have been made a lot better...for one... the air vents on the bottom, do not stay shut all by them selves... and light leaks in... i put velcro strips on there, but on the canvas side, the velcro doesn't stick i'm going to have to sew it on.... and also the seem in the middle where the main zipper to open/close doors is leaks light at top and bottom of zipper, they could have easily not had those problems.. the roof is a little weak, i had get a thick as piece of pvc pipe and connect it to the top to support my 400w hps light but even know those things are anoying, i'd say the hydrohut is still worth it....

by the way.. you could assemble the biggest hut by yourself, you are supposed to put the frame completely together then drape the canvas over it...much easier, my 4x4 took like 10 minutes to put together by myself.

4. Black and white poly, 4 poly zippers, some 1/2" PVC pipe and connectors to make the frame,. Saved about $200.