Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

You Can Now Legally Use iPhone to Find Cannabis

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by sensimil, Jul 19, 2009.

1. You Can Now Legally Use iPhone to Find Cannabis - Salem-News.Com

You Can Now Legally Use iPhone to Find Cannabis

Apple Approves Potent Application called Cannabis to find the real thing.

(LOS ANGELES) - This week Apple releases a new iPhone and iPod Touch application which allows users to locate cannabis resources worldwide including the nearest medical cannabis collectives, doctors, attorneys, organizations, and other patient services in the states, such as California, that have passed laws allowing medical cannabis -- also commonly referred to as marijuana.

Imagine you are an iPhone user who has been dealing with a chronic condition that you believe can be alleviated with cannabis to improve your quality of life. You now have the ability to access all the resources you need at your finger tips to access medical cannabis in states that have approved medical cannabis legislation. Pull out your iPhone or iPod Touch, download the "Cannabis" application from iTunes and locate a medical cannabis doctor near you.

Once you have received your medical cannabis recommendation from a qualified physician, you will need to locate an organization that can provide you with medical cannabis. Access the Cannabis application again. Press locate. The nearest medical cannabis collectives, cooperatives or facilities will appear with little green dots on a map of your current or selected location. Get real-time door-to-door directions. Add the locations' details to your iPhone contact list.

If the unfortunate happens, and you find yourself in legal trouble over your medicinal herb, pull out your cannabis application once again. Pin point local attorneys who specialize in marijuana-related offenses.

Not living in a medical cannabis state? The only way to make cannabis change is to take action. Your new iPhone application will locate the nearest cannabis-reform group so you can get involved.

Vacationing in Amsterdam? Find international cannabis coffee shops in regions that have approved cannabis for adult-responsible use.

Ajnag.com and Cannabis Apps released this application to empower marijuana consumers -- adult-responsible users and medical cannabis patients -- and to help connect the global hemp movement.

Features:

* Search by City * Search by Zip/Postal Codes * Bookmark Listings * Add Listings to Contact * Lookup Addresses, Phone Numbers, and Websites for a 1000+ listings * Directory Tended by Patient ID Center and AJNAG * Supplied by iMedicalCannabis.org and AJNAG.com databases * Live News, Videos, Activism Tools, and Cannabis Menus (Coming soon)

In 2006, Ajnag.com originated as the first medical-cannabis-locator system on the Web to provide Internet users with an easy and safe way to find nearby medical cannabis collectives, doctors, and attorneys. The site quickly spawned into an educational tool to promote awareness among cannabis users and supporters locally, nationally and globally.

Cannabis Apps consists of a software development and digital activist team focused on cultivating the most useful iPhone applications for the cannabis industry and movement.

In May 2009, Julian Cain, a software engineer and a legal cannabis patient, found a serious need to develop a mobile application that allows patients to quickly locate medicine right from their iPhone. The first protoype was demonstrated to Devin Calloway, the Founder and Webculturist of Ajnag.com. Calloway, being a web engineer, digital activist, and medical cannabis patient, shared the same vision with Cain.

The vision that technology should be used to converge mother earth, politics, and empower cannabis consumers. The two immediately connected. A week later cannabis data was being delivered from the Ajnag web server to the newly harvested mobile iPhone application.

As a conscious effort to empower the cannabis movement, AJNAG.com will donate $.50 cents for every “Cannabis”, the application, purchase to a cannabis non-profit reform fund, which will be setup once the application reaches 1000 subscriptions. The non-profit will unite with the many cannabis organizations and raise money for grassroots media campaigning.

2. A misleading title:smoking:, but still cool. Wanna get baked? There's an app for that.

3. thats awesome. im not a med patient(wish i was...) but yeah, i had to read this. reminds me of this guy on marijuana radio... "thats the wonder of the iphone- you can get high through it!"

4. When should we expect the illegal version with a list of local dealers and growers?;)

5. Looks like the only place this app is useful is California.

I just downloaded and they only have 1 colorado dispensary on there and NORML in the entire state of Colorado... which means it's worthless to me.

Don't waste your money on it for now, at least if you live in the Colorado.

6. They just launched, give them time...besides agnag is still pretty new itself.

I did hear that they were planning on doing this though.

7. With all the similar directory websites popping up I was expecting phone apps.

8. This will be sooo helpful when I get an ipod touch in the fall and my Card next year.

9. Dude; I'm totally showing my mom this.
    hahahaha. I can't wait to see the look on her face.

10. Nice that is a good idea. Too bad data plans for cell phones are ridiculously pricey.