You can do it

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by trikfinite, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Thanks again GC Community.

This is the last pic upload I'll do. I'm posting here because this is the source my gratitude, the GC Organic section.

Featuring Pineapple Chunk (very fast flower, this was taken at day 40, gonna let it ride tho.) Her top got burned by the light about 2 weeks into flower and she formed a little double kola.

The other one was a bagseed I found in some dank. Just goes to show you to save those seeds for the apocalypse, you never know what you might get.

-Trik

Attached Files:

2. Someone was stoned very early this morning.. :smoke: Fucking awesome looking plants, that bagseed girl makes me giddy. :D

3. I need to re-vegetate a couple of girls situated in smartpots. Should I trim the rootball while it's still in the pot, then remove the outer layer? Or should I not even bother with the trim at all?

-Trik

4. I would say the less you stress her out, the better. You'll be able to tell after a few days if the trim was helpful or a hindrance.

5. It does not do much harm to trim the rootball of a cannabis plant. I am only wondering if it's even necessary since the plant is in a smartpot.

6. Nope,let,it,auto prune.

And your wrong,on trimming the roots, if you don't have the right leaf to root mass ratio the plant will kill off new growth to adjust like with cloning.

Let the smarties do thers thing.

7. That's the thing. After harvest I don't want there to be too much root system for less than 20 leaves. I want the right leaf to root ratio, meaning not too many roots.

I guess the question is, Is it ok to have much more roots than leaves? Will the roots rot if they are unused?

8. I'm fairly certain they lie dormant.. or rot.. but like Haggard said, just let nature run its course and auto-prune!

9. I have found with things of this nature it's best to do Trial and Error. No one is going to give you an answer that perfectly fits, root mass is going to depend on strain, soil comp and so many other elements that your only going to know it by doing it.

20 leaves is kind of a lot on a re-veg, if you go through Jerrys thread I posted a link to someone's Re-Veg walk-through, the search button is your friend.