Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Yoga/Meditation

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by BudBrownies, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Does anyone practice these ancient arts? At home or in a class setting.

2. I do both every once in a while. I have taken yoga classes but didn't enjoy them because they were more focused on having a nice ass, not exactly what I had in mind.

3. Meditation. Do it daily.

4. I meditate every once in a while, i guess around once a week when I can catch some sunny peace outdoors or at home if I determine I've had a very intense/ information-filled day. I sit down for a while just letting my mind wander.

It leaves me with a great feeling afterwards, a sort of mental freshness. It provides a heightened awareness of the power I have over my actions that results from choosing to just sit down and let the mind play tetris with all the information it's gathered during the stimuli-intensive day, instead of deciding to say watch some tv show or browse the internet or any other thing that just adds more information to my already stuffed brain.

I see meditation as an extremely powerful tool for inner peace that I just refuse to use most of the time because I am weak and would rather get high and "do" something inmediately pleasurable even if I know it is not the wisest choice. Just like kegel exercises, stretching, moisturizing the skin, drinking plenty of water, etc., meditation is one of those things that almost completely guarantee an improved quality of life yet we refuse to do on a regular basis because WE BLEW IT.

5. Daily meditation, brings so much positiveness in your life. Everyone should practice meditation.

6. How do you and the other poster practice meditation I've been seeing it on this forum and have been interested to try but could use a step by step of sorts

Thanks in advance

7. I meditate. I think im the only middle class white male teenager in ny who actually does hahaha

I tried yoga, but honestly, the time you gotta put in for actual results...i just dont have. Between playing music and all my other hobbies its impossible to maintain yoga.

But yeah, i was raised catholic but buddhism just calls to me for some reason. Meditation really helps me alot of times. What people dont know is that meditation isnt sitting down and thinking really hard, its actually the absence of thought. It brings clarity. But i recommend it highly

8. ill usually meditate an hour or so before bed

9. I've had a lot of free time so I've been doing third eye meditation/kundalini yoga for a little while. I used to be a skeptic but I've had a few intense experiences, as well as a huge improvement in my energy level and just a more calm mind overall.
    All done at home by myself in total silence.

10. I meditate/yoga sometimes but its not scheduled.

Whenever i find myself standing/sitting around with free time i'll either smoke or do yoga, or both.

11. Someone mentioned being skeptical at first....

I was very skeptical at first but then i thought "they've been doing this for thousands of years, there's gotta be somethin to it"

so i tried it out and it was very nice. Felt relaxed and light as a feather.

I can't believe they don't use these techniques more in therapy (not physical so much as emotional)

12. There is a great guide in the Religion and Spirituality section that explains the different types of meditation and techniques. But meditation is as simple as this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0rSmxsVHPE]How to meditate - YouTube[/ame]

Guided meditations are also very good for beginners, such as this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh-klfBJlHc]Guided Meditation - Deep Relaxation - YouTube[/ame]

The best time to meditate is after you wake up. It may be hard to concentrate at first, but just keep at it and you will see the benefits. I recommend aiming to do it every single day, preferably at a routine time. Even just 20 minutes per day at first is good, just keep at it and you wont regret it.

13. ^ This.

For my part i've learned meditation by myself for the most part. If you want to improve yourself and your wellness by meditation or just in everyday life, righteousness is the key. You have to train yourself to identify what you are in the most deep part of yourself and that is what meditation brings you, the capacity of putting all what you have learned in your usual concious state and let the "real" you, your subconscient, drive the thing, take more and more importance... not an easy thing to explain but hope it brings you on the right path.