yo! people...check it!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SynapseOne, Jul 3, 2011.

1. I woke up the other day and decided I wanted to clone...I had this single strip T5 I was going to use, as I hear they are good for cloning, but being the stoned fucker I am, chasing my puppy around, I stomped on the T5. Blast.
    Despite this, I still continued on with my plans as I also have a 150 HPS, and why not, lets fuckin try it, right? It was a healthy time to give my ladies a haircut, anyway. I smoked a bowl of full melt, and drove to the Hydroponics store...
    I bought my clone tray, a tall dome, a bottle of Olivia's Cloning /Feeding Solution, and some Clonex Rooting Compound. Cut em, shaved em, dipped em, stuck em, and now they are sitting under this 150 about 2 feet away, with a white piece of paper on the side closest to the light to filter the perhaps overly bright rays. When should I feed them? When should I expect roots? If one of the stems is poking out the bottom of the rockwool cube, can this lil woman still take root? How moist should I let it get in there before airing it out? The air ducts...keep em closed? Anyone who has cloned before with just a tray and dome, let me know, I would appreciate it.
    Check the attachments. Thanks!

-Synapse

Attached Files:

2. Clones are tricky, u shud water never, or untill they have a basic root system. U shud spray them and put the cap back on with the vents closed, they feed from their leaves at this point due to no roots. U shud be seeing roots poking out the bottom in roughly 2 weeks mabe more mabe less. The cline that was stuck in too deep shud be pulled back into the rockwool si it's not poking out. And prolly the best thing to do is cover that clone tray cover. That HPS is way way too much for those plants. If u can, thn find a cfl around the house thts about 26 watts and use that for ur clones, seriously HPS is a no-go with clones.

3. Thank you for the tips, but I dont think HPS is "no go" with clones, in fact, any light source can work, but clones seem to like cooler rays, and that is evident. This is why I am filtering some of the light with the paper, covering the dome as much as I can but allowing in a good amount of light. We will see what happens eh? If this fails, I just might take that CFL into consideration...thanks!

4. I always clone under a 400 watt. I noticed I get roots about 3 days faster than under my ho-made 3-strip t-5 light. I use a cloning bucket so I don't have much experience with the rockwool. I suggest spraying the dome not the plants. Just spray the inside of the dome. Keep it about 75-80% humidity. good luck my man.

5. Thankyou. That was helpful, yo! I appreciate that...How far away do you keep the 400 usually? I will spray the dome immediately. And as for time cycle...is 24/7 better for clones rather then 18/6?

6. Def, keep em 24/0

7. That Olivias cloning stuff took about 2 - 2 1/2 weeks for me to see roots had em in a humidity dome on a heat mat in rockwool.

8. I prefer 18/6 just do to getting most root growth at night. Have done both. But I have my system dialed in. The last run through my cloner they were transplanted into sunshine mix #4 in 6 days. That's crazy fast. Like I said I don't use rockwool cubes though.

9. Sorry I forgot about the 400 watt you asked about. I keep mine like 2 ft. away for cloning and germinating seeds. A lot of people on here will say it's too much light for clones. I disagree. It works great for me.

10. shit, i cut a hole in the top of a water bottle filled with well water and put the shit under a grow light, changing the water out every few days to allow for aeration of the water, hundred percent sucess with the actual cloning

if you got city water jsut let it sit in an open container for a day or two for all the chlorine to evaporate, or distill it

simple. effective. don't need to buy fancy shit!

11. I agree.Don't buy fancy shit. I made my clone bucket for the cost of the sprayer heads. $8 I think. I already had the bucket, lid, pvc, and got the pump for free.

12. Yea, never buy one of those clone machines, like most new gear for the cannabis industry, its way over priced, kinda like when the PS3 came out, it was damn near 1000$ and now it's more like 299$
    The clone machines and led lighting really need to drop drastically and it's my belief that in the coming years they will.(*crossing my fingers*)

13. imho its the same shit for nutes
    why buy any, just take fucking food scraps and make compost!
    if going hydro, set up soem aquaponics shit

besides, if shtf, where are you gonna go and buy those fancy nutes anyhoo?

14. I love all of your guys comments :p I find myself agreeing completely with you guys regarding the pricing and manufacturing of those cocky clone machines. 250 from some douche or 45 bucks from Home Depot and I can make a nice sturdy one myself. I am finding this HPS is working as for the humidity, I will take an update picture tomorrow morning, its midnight here. I am really hoping these ladies take root, or at least some of em! I have faith..

15. Google bubble cloner, Bout $30 total, works like a charm, ph'd water, no nutes, 7-14 days. (I also tried olivia's on a cutting and threw it in my veggie garden, forgot about it for a while (3weeks), just over a foot and half when my wife recognized it! lmao)

16. #16 psuwrestler99, Jul 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    My friend that owns the Hydroculture culture store gave me a bag of the sunshine mix #4 to try out. I'll never use another starting mix again. This stuff is amazing. I've had seeds that wouldn't pop open after 48 hours in a paper towel, but I would still put them in the #4 and they would break dirt 4-5 days later.

17. I usually use foxfarm ocean forest and happy frog for my younger ones, but I am always looking for sunshine mix number 4 from the nearby hydro stores, mainly gotta order em in in advance...no roots have shown yet, but they aint looking unhealthy...its good and humid, moist as fuck, so....we shall see, wont we. :p