Yo Chicago come on lets vote

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by chitownsteezy, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Medical Marijuana Bill Awaiting House Floor Vote

Last update: January 19, 2010
    After passing the Senate on May 27, SB 1381, the Compassionate Use of Medical Cannabis Pilot Program Act, is awaiting a floor vote in the House. The measure was not brought to the House floor for a vote during the November veto session, but may still get a vote some time after the General Assembly reconvenes in January 2010 for the second half of the current session. MPP and our lobbyists and grantees, along with patients and House sponsor Rep. Lou Lang (D-Skokie), are working hard to remind legislators how important this legislation is to patients and their families in Illinois.
    Governor Pat Quinn's spokesperson recently said that he will give "serious consideration" to a medical marijuana bill the legislature passes. However, the bill will not make it to his desk until we have 60 identified supporters in the House, and compassionate Illinois residents need to speak up to make that happen.
    Please send your representative an e-mail urging him or her to vote "yes" on SB 1381 when the time comes.
    After you've written your representative, please follow up with a call.
    With your help, Illinois could very well become the 15th state to enact an effective medical marijuana law, but we need as many people as possible taking action in order to make this a reality.
    One thing that will help move SB 1381 to the House floor is positive stories in the press. Please send a letter to the editor using the template we have provided.
    Thank you for supporting the Marijuana Policy Project and all of our allies. Please subscribe to our free legislative alert service to help make this the last year Illinois threatens the sick and dying with arrest.

Vote :hello::hello:

2. GL Chicago!

3. Woo!!

Election day is the second, keep that in mind. Vote Quinn!

4. come on Chicago!! :D

5. Get it chi!

6. I have a feeling he gonna legalize it but yo im under the age of 18 but if my mom signs the papers & stuff im cool right. I dont wanna take pills for Depression or anxiety
    ( I have both) and if i was suppose to do this does anyone know how much i will be prescribed

7. This bill is for all of Illinois, not just Chicago. There is more to Illinois than just Chicago.

Nevertheless, passing this will be a good step. Even though I am a resident of Illinois, I am more excited to follow the ballot initiative in California.

8. [​IMG]

9. umm everytime i put try to send the email from the link u provided in which you give ur name and address and such it keeps saying my address is wrong...but its not ??

10. If your under 18, why are you posting here?

11. cmon chicago i belive in you and thanks for posting this +rep