Yin and Yang

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by bkadoctaj, Dec 21, 2008.

1. I know they interdepend on each other, but which force are you illuminating currently?

[​IMG]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yin_yang

Which force (yin or yang) are you more in tune with at this very instant? This is not about causality but rather spontaneity so don't just sit there with your mouth wide open; CHOOSE ONE!

2. yang. been pretty aggressive and focused recently.

3. The poll's up, so feel free to engrave this moment with your vote.

4. lol just did. realized it was a poll right when i finished replying.

5. i think yin right now... but im moving on to yang

6. Yang... but im moving closer to Yin.

7. wait yin=negative and yang=positive right?
    im more negative right now but i chose yin...

either way, im more negative right now, i just woke up and am cranky.
    trying to be positive :D

8. i would be the little black dot in the yang

9. Yang, but the yin inside me is always floating around sometimes around more often then the yang. They trade off when one gets bored with me.

10. FALSE

They represent opposites. Neither is good, neither is evil. Neither is positive, neither is negative. It's just opposites.

Basically the poll is a vague and misleading (imo) test if this poll can operate like a fair coin.

11. I picked Yin, 'cause... errr... it's night... and also cold...

You pressured me!

12. Where did it mislead you?

13. If its going by that picture then its a bit unfair seen as there's a black border surrounding the whole thing!

14. What surrounds it?

15. A black stroke, meaning there is more black than white in that image. It is as if the white part is contained within the black part if you see what I mean.

16. And outside of the black outline? And by the way, what's the opposite of containing?

17. the white and black circls are diff sizes haha

18. I don't think you understand. All I'm saying is that the image above is a flawed representation of the Yin and Yang. Yin and Yang are supposed to be equal, but due to the black stroke there is more Yin than Yang in the above image. I'm not making a philosophical point here, just an observation on the flaw of the above image. :rolleyes:

19. A flaw... let's see yours.

20. [​IMG]

First one I found on a google image search. Notice there is no black border around the Yang, infact the Yin and Yang are identical in how much area they occupy. Not so in the original posted in this thread. Get it now?