Yields

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by arigian99, May 19, 2017.

1. #1 arigian99, May 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
    Are these buds really small for 9 weeks into flower?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 Buzzer777, May 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
    They do seem small..why the droop in the leaves and what is going on with the lady in the back..?
    Are you using nutes for Bloom? What Light and Medium are you using? (looks like soil?)
    Took this today coming up on 4 wks into flower..(Cola is about 8+ inches tall). Cann* Terra Flores + Ginormou* Bud Enhancer + Molasses every other feed..
    5-18-17 cola.jpg

3. I've been feeding with molasses, I thought the yellowing of the leaves was due to the plant cannabalizing it's leaves. I vegged with CFLS, and went three weeks into flower with CFLS until I switched to a 400W LED.

4. A couple of the other plants in my tent have significantly larger buds.

5. You are probably right about them feeding on themselves. I thought that due to their size, you might have still been feeding bloom nutes (Molasses feeds the soil, not the plants I am told), and the yellowing was a deficiency of some type, and extending the flowering time. If the trichs are beginning to turn amber..Time is near! Good Luck and plz continue to post..I am about 4-7 wks away from harvest, and am most curious!

6. Yep. But that's also a berry strain...indica. They grow slower and shorter and bushier than the sativas do. But the key to getting better yields is better lighting during the flower cycle. Each plant needs the most wattage of the best quality light you can hang over it and not be crowded out by other plants which shades out light from reaching down into the plant. You need the good light and each plant needs plenty of room to spread open during flower so light can get down inside the plant. Nutes are important IF a plant is actually hungry. If you're using a good quality grow soil, the need for them is cut down greatly. But I think you need to up your lighting to plump up your buds some. TWW

7. If I have my LED any closer than two feet the leaves start to burn.

8. I think starting with the CFLS was the issue.

9. What led is this?

10. Do you have an active journal or do I have to guess what the wattage is? I'm just curious.

11. That plant is clearly starved of nutrients. You need to top dress your soil and feed with teas if you want to go organic. Your soil isn't rich enough. The plant is running out of feed in the bloom cycle that's why you have so many dead leaves, color, and small buds.

If you want to simplify things get a bottle of GH floranova bloom. It's the best one part nutrient I've used. Start adding it to the plant about 2-3 weeks in bloom with your current soil and grow cycle. I bet your buds are twice the size at least and more healthy next time. I've grown plants start to finish with just that bottle and promix. They were super healthy, no deficiency issues.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tbone I think your right, due to this being my first grow I got a simple set up and used Miracle Grow as my soil

13. Sry for jumping in on your thead but I got a Qb question. If I am reading the chart right I have qb96 v2engines on 320hlg54a and if I am running my io and vo adjust at the lowest setting I should get abou 70 watts per board?

14. I think you can get them even lower if you adjust the voltage down as well until they start to flicker then raise it up to settle them out after reducing the current all the way. I believe I heard of people getting them below 50 watts each with the dimmers on that driver. Same driver I run on my pair BTW.

• Informative Informative x 1