Yields/outdoor plant question?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by robbie d., Aug 25, 2006.

1. Hey I'm decidin that maybe I wanna grow next year but I'm unsure of what a typical outdoor gorw's gonna yield... cuz it's allll about the yield, right? ;)

So I'm doin some surveying and tryin to estimate, that maybe the best shot at a site I got can hold nearly.... 15 plants--maybe if each are takin up 1-2 sq m, with proper spacing inbetween of course.

But if I'm only gonna get like, 2 oz or less per plant, then it may not really be worth the risk. But if it's more like, > 1/4 lb. per plant, then it starts to be worth the risk. And I know these types of questions are hard to predict, but here's the details about the grow spot I've got scoped out and my budget/capabilities:

- lots of other similar plants growing around the area, not like say, a dry valley, so it's already got a decent soil base to start
    - I'm willing to do what person here recommended-- digging 3'x3' holes/plant and filling it with a mix of potting soil and the native soil. Also willing to buy some fertilizer/nutes throughout grow, as long as the total I spend on store-bought soils/ferts doesn't go past, like $80 for the whole crop.
    - Possible to bring some water to the crop (though summers usually get decent rain around here [NE US])-- possible to haul like 10 gallons/trip; 4-5 trips/grow season
    - Pretty good sunlight-- towards the beginning of sunset the spot may get shady but the rest of the day it should get 14+ hours/summer day
    - I am also willing to learn/use techniques like
    topping, fimming, and LSTing, but can only make maybe 4-5 trips/season (pretty much along with the water trips).
    - Overall good cover, the site will have either 2-3 "patches"-- one of these patches (3-4 plants) has enough cover to grow like 7ft plants but the other 2 could maybe only up to 4-5 ft.

So how do you think I would do, assuming that pests, cops, & thieves are out of the equation too?

... This seems like one of those topics I'm thinkin, man this is gonna be too damn heavy for a stoner forum. :p People are gonna bitch at me for makin a stupid thread or something, fuck em. I'm just askin a simple question, u dont ahveto answer.

How bout we go to a popular, easier topic: pics! post pics of one of your harvested/soon to be harvested plants, tell me how much it yields so I can get a better visual idea.

Exampe: How MUCH DOES THIS PLANTS YIELD?

[​IMG]

hOW DO I get plants like that?????

FAT DANK NUGGETS FOR ME!

NOTE TO MODS: WHY IS THERE NOT A NUGGET SMILEY ON THIS FORUM??? GET ON IT ASAP PLEASE.!

2. you plant a garden like that in the USA and you get 5 to 10 yrs not lb,s

typicaly I plant 30 to 40 and with normal care after say out of 40 , 20 are male, rabbits/disease/deer get 4, ill end up with 15 to 16 good females, some will be 6 foot some will be 12 foot more towards the 8 to 9 foot mark, some stretch more [ because of where i have them] and some are fat and bushy, but at the end of the yr i usually end up with about 15 to 25 lb, a nice fat 12footer can produce 2 lb if taken care of , but i have always averaged around 1 lb per....now on another note i planted 250 in 1992 had about 150 halfway through the yr and when the choppers came they got it all and all i got was a a big ass fine and 5 yrs proby , but now you would get 5 minimum in my states.. so my friend read the forums learn all there is about growing/stealth/ etc and make your mind up then decide what you wanna do... if all i did was want personal smoke id buy a nice 10 pack of good seeds find a killer spot and grow to your hearts content, and if this is your first grow make sure you read all you can, and you should be ok , but dam dont try to plant 200 on your first go like i did cause it may turn out to be disaster and 200 plants took about 2 to 3 hours a day work to maintain....peace MONKEY

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. thanks for the reply monkey.

But I was talkin more along the lines of having a few plants that size, not the size/shape of the whole garden.

4. Now I call that a grow!!!

5. Yeah apparently they're some American hicks (no offense) who run a legal farm... here is the website, that patch is probably like 1/50 of their total output lol:

http://www.marijuana.org/FarmPhotos2000.htm

6. if u have a setup like theirs whereas obviously they know what they are doing and have the facility, material, time and money, sure u could do big yields per plant. ive taken over 1/2lb off of 1 plant smaller than those in the picture. wanna bet that those are clones and monotypic in growth, so cultivation and harvest is easier cuz if u have ever tried to clean up a 1/2lb plant, it takes some time and patience. and curing facility, veg facility, etc...

but if u have some bag seeds that u dont know where they are from, put them in a forest and forget about them, ur gonna get what u paid for.

moral of the story is that there is a gradient from crap to the shit. where are u on that continuum? only u know.

7. Hey that farm is about 30 minutes away from my house. If you notice, there's no new pictures. That's because year before last the DEA raided that farm and took over 30,000 plants :mad: . How it worked was the land owner let people with cards grow on his property like a co-op. The land owner was arrested and charged, but I'm not sure what happened after that. The big sign they had on the highway that said "Medical Marijuana" with a big pot leaf painted on it is still there, so I'm not sure if they resumed growing or not.

8. A legal redneck farm?? How did those guys get that??

9. their medical conditions probably enable them to be legal smokers/growers. their experience as legal growers probably leads them to the legal farm providing for other legal smokers/growers that cant provide theyre own needs.

my uncle is legal and his are way bigger than that, freaking 7 foot monsters!

10. So how do all you Americans get this legal????

11. Federal Law (which supercedes state law) says cannabis has no medical value, and does not allow its use. However several states (damn near half of them) have legalized medical use so that certain people with conditions can get a permit to grow.

Now any state officer (cops, state troopers, etc) cannot arrest you if you have a medical permit.

However any federal officer (fbi, dea, secret service, even mailmen) can arrest you because federal law supercedes state law.

Once it goes to court however, there is a very good chance your charges will be dismissed because of state law protection.

But it's the government, and if your growing too much cannabis, they'll put you in jail.

Thats how it works spanishfly.

- Vince

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Thanks Vince.

That sounds about as comprehensible as the rues of cricket.

13. i thought america was supposed to be the 'land of the free'!!

[​IMG][​IMG]

14. It was once, but good old uncle Sam tends to like to step on peoples rights these days. Not just the federal government, but state and local as well. I'm currently a licensed medical Marijuana caregiver for several people who have cards, but live where they can't grow, so I grow for them. Which is kind of nice because I give them all the weed they want, which is 1 or 2 pounds each and I get the rest (20 or 30 pounds).

15. I wish my plants were like that instead of the 5+ foot tall beasts i have now. Those plants in the pic look like theyve been topped. Theyre so bushy.

16. And how much [lbs] do you get out of your 5-footers?

17. I cant tell you. They are unknown genetics and its my first grow.

If i wanted to know i would just take a look at an online seedbank, and take an average of the type(indica or sativa) you wish to plant.

You also gotta realize, its more than just genetics. Lots of different factors outdoors. The amount of Sun, water, and fertilizer that you give your specific plants will also affect final yield. Like the guys in the picture will get more yield than normal cuz they have topped it, and maybe tied it down some too. This increases yield by creating more top level colas, all receiving equal sun.

Its hard to say really, all you can expect is a guestimate.

18. I know a dude that grew some outdoor plants of good strain heritage and he topped them off big time and only got a few ounces each plant, but he harvested too soon I think, but he was in the middle of a busy area in town, so he did pretty good I guess..no seeds and orange hairs, but potency was mid grade at best ..he got maybe 2 1/2 oz. plus about an oz of shake and trim each plant..

19. This thread is 11 years old.

20. True, but I added what I know from what i've seen..old, new, information is information and remains relevant:apache: if it's true to begin with..