Yield question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Tdaly123, Mar 19, 2012.

1. So I'm starting my seeds today, I have them germinating now. They are all white widow. I have a 400watt hps lamp, and 3 gallon buckets.
    My soil is a mix of 3 parts potting soil with food enough to last through vegging, 1 part peat moss, and 1 part earthworm castings. There is an inch of sand on the top.
    My grow room is small, about 5'x5'x6'. The walls are lined with reflective material.
    I'm planning on having four plants, and vegging for 12-18 weeks and flowering for 8- 12 weeks.
    Does anyone have a ballpark on what they expect me to yield? This is my second grow.

2. Also would it be worth the bump in the electricity bill to add in a 150 watt hps I have? Any advice helps, thanks guys.

3. In 12 to 18 weeks of vegging, your room will not be big enough to handle them. and most strains all finished by the time they have flowered for 8 weeks.
    I think you need to learn a lot more before you even ask what your yield might bring.

keylime

4. [quote name='"keylime"']In 12 to 18 weeks of vegging, your room will not be big enough to handle them. and most strains all finished by the time they have flowered for 8 weeks.
    I think you need to learn a lot more before you even ask what your yield might bring.

keylime[/quote]

I'll probably shoot for closer to 12 weeks for veg. My room can be expanded if I think the plants will need more space. I'm only doing four plants, so I'm not worried about losing control.

5. four months of veg? your plants will be almost to the ceiling of your tent then they will grow even taller once you go to flower.

How will you get a light over those?

6. You should be alright, with 4 plants in that room. Main thing is to make sure you have plenty of ventilation especially as the weather heats up. I'm curious what soil you are using exactly, as well as what nutrients you are planning?

Honestly if you maintain the canopy and keep those buds in the sweet zone, 400W should be sufficient for 4 plants. I've grown Hong Kong, a heavy yielding strain, under those same dimensions and numbers and pulled 10 oz off 4 plants.

7. If you scrog, I'd say a 1lb or a little less. Honestly on your second grow don't be planning on having 300$+oz weed. It will probably turn out as good mids. Maybe consider larger pots 5-7 gal, especially if temps will be over 84 deg in grow room. Some kind of Pro-Mix, Sunshine Mix (no need to add peat) will be much better than potting soil use something comparable to this instead. Use all the light you can until heat becomes an issue up to 1000 watts of HID lights.

8. Have you ever heard the rule 1 gallon of soil per month of their life? Your vegging for 4 months alone, and your plants will need 6 gallons for flowering. Plus the longest veg ive seen pro growers do is around 9 weeks. 12 weeks and youll have christmas trees

9. [quote name='"TheIdahomie"']You should be alright, with 4 plants in that room. Main thing is to make sure you have plenty of ventilation especially as the weather heats up. I'm curious what soil you are using exactly, as well as what nutrients you are planning?

Honestly if you maintain the canopy and keep those buds in the sweet zone, 400W should be sufficient for 4 plants. I've grown Hong Kong, a heavy yielding strain, under those same dimensions and numbers and pulled 10 oz off 4 plants.[/quote]

The base soil is miracle grow potting soil, I mixed in some peat moss, and I plan on adding in other things like worm castings and guano. I haven't planted any seeds yet. I'm germinating as I prepare the soil this week. Any suggestions?

10. [quote name='"Heatherlonglee"']If you scrog, I'd say a 1lb or a little less. Honestly on your second grow don't be planning on having 300$+oz weed. It will probably turn out as good mids. Maybe consider larger pots 5-7 gal, especially if temps will be over 84 deg in grow room. Some kind of Pro-Mix, Sunshine Mix (no need to add peat) will be much better than potting soil use something comparable to this instead. Use all the light you can until heat becomes an issue up to 1000 watts of HID lights.[/quote]

Mids is a combination of poor genetics and careless treatment of post harvest weed. I'm not planning on selling, I'm planning on smoking, and having nice white widow buds.

Besides that, do bigger pots help plants in high temps?

11. [quote name='"GanjaGremlin"']Have you ever heard the rule 1 gallon of soil per month of their life? Your vegging for 4 months alone, and your plants will need 6 gallons for flowering. Plus the longest veg ive seen pro growers do is around 9 weeks. 12 weeks and youll have christmas trees[/quote]

I actually never have heard that rule, I've always just read that three gallons will support a three foot plant. Maybe I should just play it by ear and switch to flower when they look right, not based on how old they are.

12. #12 MrWeeds, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2012
    [quote name='"Tdaly123"']

Mids is a combination of poor genetics and careless treatment of post harvest weed. I'm not planning on selling, I'm planning on smoking, and having nice white widow buds.

Besides that, do bigger pots help plants in high temps?[/quote]

Mids are poor genetics and a decent grower,or good genetics and a bad grower. Regs come from South of the border, at least that is how it is classified up in these parts.

As far as heat, the use of CO2 allows for higher temps. I am not sure of the specifics, since I keep my room at or around 70f as much as possible.

13. [quote name='"MrWeeds"']

Mids are poor genetics and a decent grower,or good genetics and a bad grower. Regs come from South of the border, at least that is how it is classified up in these parts.

As far as heat, the use of CO2 allows for higher temps. I am not sure of the specifics, since I keep my room at or around 70f as much as possible.[/quote]

I hope I'm a good grower. I've always had a green thumb. My first grow was pretty successful. Do you add CO2?

Attached Files:

14. [quote name='"Tdaly123"']

I hope I'm a good grower. I've always had a green thumb. My first grow was pretty successful. Do you add CO2?[/quote]

Yes, I do add CO2. Once a week. My grower friends and I rotate a shared CO2 container.

I veg my girls 30 to 45 days depending on if it is an Indica or Sativa. My first grow I over vegged, and my Cindy99 grew to 8ft. I had to bend the crap out of it to make it fit. My Pineapple Chunks also went crazy. Fitting 5 monster plants under my light sucked big time.

Great Pic though, looks like you have a green thumb. :)