Yield prediction

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BudMASTAH, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Hey guys,

I'm just wondering if you guys could give me a little yield prediction here so I can know what to expect to move to the clubs.

Grow info:

5x6x8 room, 400w mh bulb for veg+flower, 1gal pots from veg until 1st week of flower, then transplanted to 3gal bags, used 2 dollar walmart top soil, american pride foxfarm nutes along with perlite and my mammas compost. No nute burning so far i've been treating them nice.

Strain info:
    2 critical - currently 1week into 12/12, 1ft tall, healthy
    2 white widow - currently 1 week into 12/12, 8inches and 11 inches tall, 11 incher stressed quite a bit during transplant, but otherwise healthy

I believe I also have a small pest problem.. Good thing I caught it on time. Grabbing that neem oil as soon as some people here on gcity give me the ok with the product. I understand pests can affect yield so thats why I added it in here.

Lemme know gcity, :smoke:

2. Wait are you using a 400w mh for flowering? I would recommend getting a 600w hps along with that 400w. You got a big room so might as well use it. And you would have a nice wide spectrum running both. Just my .02 cents. Don't get me wrong you can flower with a mh but your yield will be hurt.

3. Yes I'm aware of that. My budget won't allow me to purchase a hps at this point in time.

I'm asking for a yield prediction thanks.

4. Alright your gonna get between a oz and 4 oz of airy bud.

5. #5 BudMASTAH, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2012
    Lol ok thanks for the input..

Need some help here gcity lemme know, :smoke:

6. That was just the low yields I have seen and high yields I have seen. And1/2 tsp of neem oil and a 1/4 tsp of sillica per qt and spray the leaves and stem and spray the soil nicely. No pests and better leaf tissue.

7. And also spray Around half a hour before lights turn off or it will burn your leaves also.

8. Thanks kushkap, I think ima go down the neem oil route to get rid of these pesty pests!

9. [quote name='"BudMASTAH"']Thanks kushkap, I think ima go down the neem oil route to get rid of these pesty pests![/quote]

Yeah neem oil is the best way but I was just suggesting the sillica because it's a cheap and together they work amazing and you'll have beautifull leaves. But for the neem spray use every 3 days for the first couple weeks then once a week after that.

10. Neem oil is an awful idea in flower, should've used it in veg or ammended your soil with neem cake.

Under a 400 wMH I would expect around an ounce a plant...at best

11. [quote name='"Kesey"']

Neem oil is an awful idea in flower, should've used it in veg or ammended your soil with neem cake.[/quote]
    this is very true and I can't stress it enough that you do not get it on the buds.

12. And honestly man instead of spending all the money on a new hps just get a new bulb with a fuller spectrum. That will help you yield a little more but not cost alot of money

13. Don't even use it past Week 2 of flower.

Your buds will taste like ass, and you will not be able to "be careful" and keep it off of the flowers.

Also, by not spraying it on the flowers you'll never get rid of your mites so why even take a chance - just do not use it past Week 2.

J

14. [quote name='"jerry111165"']

Don't even use it past Week 2 of flower.

Your buds will taste like ass, and you will not be able to "be careful" and keep it off of the flowers.

Also, by not spraying it on the flowers you'll never get rid of your mites so why even take a chance - just do not use it past Week 2.

J[/quote]

I thought it was week 3 jerry? Well now I know that! Thank you jerry always helpful. To the op listen to jerry I learned from reading him and LD organic area and I have much to learn still as you see! See y'all off to learn more!

15. Y r u transplanting during flower. U should do it like 2 weeks before u flip
    Your lights.

16. [quote name='"sgtstadanko"']Y r u transplanting during flower. U should do it like 2 weeks before u flip
    Your lights.[/quote]

He already did transplant we are talking about his pest problem.

17. Don't get me wrong but he does have a point. Why would you transplant during flowering when it should already be in its pot before its final weeks of veg. Why would you start moving to bigger sizes of pots during flowering which has a possibility of stressing the plant and slowing down its flowering? It would affect his yield, and increase the flowering time. Yield's are rough to predict in general, you can always have an idea of what you're going to get but there's so many variables that influence and affect it. I think the better question would be how much are you looking to dispense to a club and at what rate? How many oz's/week, etc.

18. [quote name='"loolzokay"']

Don't get me wrong but he does have a point. Why would you transplant during flowering when it should already be in its pot before its final weeks of veg. Why would you start moving to bigger sizes of pots during flowering which has a possibility of stressing the plant and slowing down its flowering? It would affect his yield, and increase the flowering time. Yield's are rough to predict in general, you can always have an idea of what you're going to get but there's so many variables that influence and affect it. I think the better question would be how much are you looking to dispense to a club and at what rate? How many oz's/week, etc.[/quote]

I was thinking the op I transplanted in the last week of veg. But I may be wrong with that one. And personally I do it a week before the switch so i don't stunt growth and yield.

19. [quote name='"kushkap92"']

He already did transplant we are talking about his pest problem.[/quote]

I thought he was asking about yield. And transplanting during flower will effect yield.

20. [quote name='"sgtstadanko"']

I thought he was asking about yield. And transplanting during flower will effect yield.[/quote]

That is very true on both of those.