Yield expectation

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Harsupex, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Hi all, I was just wondering if any of you could give me a ballpark for expected yield...

I have a 600W mh/hps light, currently in flowering after about 13-1/2 weeks of veg, only one plant, it's a haze plant and is about 4 feet in height, also pretty bushy.

Thank you! And again I know it's not possible to get an exact number, just want and estimate please!

Attached Files:

2. I've heard from another grower a good base on yield is half gram per watt but I'm not super experienced and can't say it's absolute
    There is a lot of variables

3. No idea about expected yeild but throw in the hps bulb! =) looks good.

4. I've hear a half gram per watt too, but I think that's unrealistic

5. #6 Retrix, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2012
    That thing is pretty bushy so prob like 4-6 ounces
    If you let that get around 6ft you can get half pound

6. Do not let it get to 6 Ft. The problem there is none of your bottom buds will get enough light if the light is that far away. Only the top will get anything. That thing is looking like a christmas tree. You may want to LST that a bit otherwise that's going to be a monster by the time it's done. Plus you may very well take away from yield if the top is so much higher than the rest.

7. Is this is your 1st Rodeo, just be happy to keep her alive and healthy all the way.

If it isn't your 1st rodeo, how much was your last harvest ?

ZS

8. My last harvest was with auto flower, so only a half total...I can also add another light to the side as to keep the bottom growth going? I was thinking 200W on each side?

9. Or maybe even just one 200W and rotate her every couple of days?

10. That's the mark to break ! :)

11. [quote name='"zeroshawdow"']

That's the mark to break ! :)[/quote]

Well I figured I'll easily pass that with the size of her alone...would it be worth adding another 290W light?

12. More Light is 'ALWAYS' a good thing !

More light + Good Veg. Time = Monster Buds

13. I just switched her to flowering, I can probably get a light tomorrow?

14. To add more light to my grow, i put 2 of those taking a plug and turning into a light socket converter. I took two plugs on extention cords, with a 150 watt CFL and a reflector on each. I put these on the bottom to the side of the plants to get light to the lower buds. Nice thing about putting these on extention cords is that you can move them around the grow area to make sure you are getting good light for different batches instead of having a static light.

15. [quote name='"greatkitsune"']To add more light to my grow, i put 2 of those taking a plug and turning into a light socket converter. I took two plugs on extention cords, with a 150 watt CFL and a reflector on each. I put these on the bottom to the side of the plants to get light to the lower buds. Nice thing about putting these on extention cords is that you can move them around the grow area to make sure you are getting good light for different batches instead of having a static light.[/quote]

That's a really good idea, thanks man! What kind of cfl's do you use?

16. Well I have both color bulbs with the sunlight (blue) and soft white (reddish). I picked the 150 watt bulbs up at Home Depot for $11, reflector ($5), Plug to Light socket ($2), Extenstion cord 10' ($2) So we are talking $20 per extra light this way. Very worth the extra money to get this going. Hell could add a whole power strip full of these if you want, I have 2 for my small grow cabinet. If you have the room 4 would be Ideal, could add from all 4 corners of the grow from under.