Yet another middle aged newbie...SORRY!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jeeves1000, Dec 3, 2012.

1. I know, it's always the same ol shit with us newbies....sorry!... but to I have done a lot of homework...
    So I'm about to build my first poor mans bubbler system for a small gorw of about 3-4 plants strictly for personal use. It's a CFL based box (I know but I can't afford the "good" lights) and I think I'll go ScrOG? (Screen). But now I have a dilemma... I have literally 100's of "bag" seed stored in my fridge...however, It's frustrating to know that it may be 4 mos b4 I can sex the plants and since I'm only going to start with 6 .... I don't know if it's worth it.... So...

1. Can I safely order seeds from attitude, using my real address and credit card? (Keeping in mind I'm 38 and past prime "jail" age...also I am married with kids!)
    It seems pretty safe but idk... anyone live in MS that has had problems?

2. Do I need to cycle (12/12) CFL's for flowering? I'll be switching from 6500k lights to 3000k lights.

3. Is there a decent "over the counter" hydroponic plant food I can use? If not, is a 30-15-15 solution (for veg) then a 15-30-30 (flowering) pretty standard?

Thanks in advance for the help!!

Really want my first go round to be a decent experience!

Cheers

2. #2 Doc-J, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
    [quote name='"jeeves1000"']I know, it's always the same ol shit with us newbies....sorry!... but to I have done a lot of homework...
    So I'm about to build my first poor mans bubbler system for a small gorw of about 3-4 plants strictly for personal use. It's a CFL based box (I know but I can't afford the "good" lights) and I think I'll go ScrOG? (Screen). But now I have a dilemma... I have literally 100's of "bag" seed stored in my fridge...however, It's frustrating to know that it may be 4 mos b4 I can sex the plants and since I'm only going to start with 6 .... I don't know if it's worth it.... So...

1. Can I safely order seeds from attitude, using my real address and credit card? (Keeping in mind I'm 38 and past prime "jail" age...also I am married with kids!)
    It seems pretty safe but idk... anyone live in MS that has had problems?

2. Do I need to cycle (12/12) CFL's for flowering? I'll be switching from 6500k lights to 3000k lights.

3. Is there a decent "over the counter" hydroponic plant food I can use? If not, is a 30-15-15 solution (for veg) then a 15-30-30 (flowering) pretty standard?

Thanks in advance for the help!!

Really want my first go round to be a decent experience!

Cheers[/quote]

1) yea it is pretty safe. I have them sent to TN without problems. Using your credit card will not throw any flags. Police don't actively look for that info, and the banks don't care what you buy.
    2) If you grow photo strains then yes you need to change light cycles to induce flowering. If you grow autos, they will flower under a veg light cycle, 18/6, 20/4, and so on.
    3) Over the counter at a hydro store, there are many choices. Box stores, not so much. Yes those levels you listed will work. Stay away from anything that says time released.

3. First off thanks for the quick reply!
    second - scratch the "cycling" question if I'm going to order I might as well go auto.... duh...:smoking:

I'm almost 100% on ordering esp after the fall of Colorado and Washington... I think the day of legalization (and much higher seed costs) is not too far behind...

Cheers