Yes On Prop 19 Campaign

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by The420Kid, Jul 17, 2010.

1. #1 The420Kid, Jul 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2010
    Hello everyone, my name is Rich and I am the director of the Yes On Prop 19 campaign for California's Regulate, Control, and Tax Cannabis Act of 2010. The point of this post is to gain the help and support I need to keep this campaign rolling.

I hope to be backed by this community and find the support I need here to keep this campaign moving. There is no other time than now that we need your help & support. If California can pass this proposition it will create a domino effect throughout the states and set an example for the benefits of taxing marijuana.

I hope to have an official thread stickied on these forums that will explain the campaign with details; which will also cover on how YOU can play your part. I am working with the admins to get it setup; it will cover everything you need to know. Till then, feel free to contact me via PM system to learn how you can contribute. We are in great need of volunteers and donations, this is what keeps this campaign moving forward.

Lets make history.

-Richard Watson
    Yes On Prop 19 Director
    yes@onprop19.org
    Make a donation

Donate $20 or more and we'll send you a 'Yes On Prop 19' t-shirt, include your address and t-shirt size in the comments field on the donation page.

2. You have my support

3. #3 The420Kid, Jul 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2010
    Please take a few minutes to make a generous donation to help keep the campaign moving forward. Donate $20+ and we'll send you a 'Yes On Prop 19' t-shirt, include your address and t-shirt size in the comments field on the donation page.

Do your part.

4. I came here after reading an article in the NY Times about african-american church leaders organizing out there in cali, albeit on a very small scale, against prop. 19, and wondering how I can donate and otherwise help out. My donation is on the way shortly.

To tell the truth I'm very doubtful that much revenue is going to be raised from taxing weed. A few mil at best, and the enforcement of the tax will be very irritating to people who have already been enjoying their weed for decades while not having to pay taxes on it. anybody remember the causes and outcome of the whiskey rebellion? Interesting parallel.

5. I'm a bit confused.

The official donation page is https://secure.taxcannabis.org/page/contribute. The Yes on 19 campaign is legally obligated to collect information about donators (which the link provided by OP lacks) and doesn't have a papyal donation system setup afaik. Their official facebook group when asking for donations has also never mentioned free t-shirts...

6. Their campaigning techniques are different than Yes On Prop 19. This campaign only has a PayPal donation setup because we are having trouble with our donations script, which looks very similar to the one on taxcannabis.org. Unlike taxcannabis, we give our donors stickers for every donation $5 or more, and t-shirts for every donation $20 or more. The funds are used for fliers/handouts & posters to promote and educate the public about proposition 19. The t-shirts and stickers are just our marketing plan to keep the revenue flowing so we can keep flooding California with the handouts & posters.

There is a difference between taxcannabis.org and Yes On Prop 19. Both the same goals in the end; but do not associate with each other.

I hope I cleared this up.

-Rich

7. Ay it is an interesting parallel, but the economy of the US is in a much different situation than Washington's presidency. Shit, we may be taxed for our Ganja if it is legal, but it is the illegality of Cannabis that makes it so Goddam expensive.

For example, I remember buying 3.1 grams of Superskunk at a coffeeshop in Amsterdam for 13 Euros I believe. I would much rather pay sales tax on weed that is 5-10 dollars a gram than have to pay 20 bucks to get just one gram on the streets...... cmon guys.... there should be no hesitation in the Legalisation movement, it is a no-brainer.

8. I can imagine after legalization!!!!
    Going down to the getty and buying purp and some haze and some kush and some... ah damnit I just changed my pants! :D

9. hey to anyone reading this thread!! i think this is a scam for this rich guy to get money in this interesting debate time, please someone research this before people start sending him money!!

10. #10 The420Kid, Jul 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2010
    What would you like me to prove to you? I'm a student at Fullerton College and I work closely with Students For Sensible Drug Policy (SSDP.org) which encouraged me to kick off this campaign. Would you like me to send you a stack of fliers so you can help out by handing them out?

11. idk man this just all seems very sketchy to me, most pro-leg sites have legit donation systems not paypal, u just seem to be trying to take advantage of the hype of this issue, like i said i can be wrong, but i dont want my fellow blades to get fucked with. if im wrong i apologize, if im not thats just wrong.

12. #12 The420Kid, Jul 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2010
    I understand where you're coming from. But if you think the type of donation setup a non-profit organization has is the difference between legit & fake, you are clueless my friend. Any website can setup a donation script which allows you to donate without PayPal or any other alike; the script allows you to donate via credit card. Personally, I would rather trust my information with a highly known and reputable company such as PayPal, rather than a new website; whether it is for a good cause or not, you never know what can happen. If that type of information falls into a hackers hands then you'll be looking at a handful of trouble. This was the main reason why I setup a PayPal donation instead.

Don't let the style of donation fool you. PayPal says "Hey, this is legit." while a PHP script on a website can say "Hey, were going to steal your credit card information."

Now which donation setup do you trust more? I bet that changed your mind, right?

-Rich

13. Have e seen where there profits went? They have raised almost 50,000 but yet I haven't seen them spend it on anything. I work with Evan from TaxCannabis so I know what's going on every day. I don't know what they are saving that money for but yes.onprop19.org takes immediate action with our proceeds. They go right to the printing shops so we can flood California with our fliers/handouts, posters, t-shirts, etc. NOW is the time to act, now is the time to promote and educate the public of prop 19; and that's what yes.onprop19.irg is all about. So whatever this "sketchy" thing is about, you need to open your eyes and educate yourself and get informed. Assuming gets you know where and makes you look less than.