Yes. I have a Preying Mantis egg that will hatch this week. 100-300 per egg.

Discussion in 'General' started by EASYlivin, May 21, 2009.

1. #1 EASYlivin, May 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2009
    When I came home from college, my mom gave me a Preying Mantis egg with a piece of paper telling me about it.

"When your egg hatches there will be about 100 to 300 baby minature mantis'."

"Young Mantis' will grow 4-5 inches in about 3 months."

So what do you think I should do with these guys? According to this paper, they will start eating eachother if I leave them in there.. Should I make an army? Or raise a few to be badass mofuckas and feed them insects and pieces of chicken? (they eat meat):smoking:

[​IMG]

my goal

[​IMG]

2. let them grow up and then fight them. place bets on the winners. haha jk i have no idea wut u should do with them.

3. As soon as they hatch you mark them with numbers.

Start taking bets for the survivor.

Profit.

4. Get some nuclear waste and put a bit in the same container the egg is in. You may just reach your goal.

Just make sure they dont get there claws on a motorcycle.

[​IMG]

5. Agreed.

If only michael vick would of been so lucky.... :wave:

6. weird, my mom gave me a bunch of lizard eggs when I came home from college. She told me that she had teleported back in time, and told me I would be needing this to win some kind of war in the future...hmmm

7. Haha. Shits crazy. :smoking:

8. I might experiment on them by feeding one strait up meat. and the other , insects.

and pump roids into their butt.

9. badass.. i would raise 5-10 and then put them in a jungle in a fight to the death :smoke:

and save one for a pet

10. You should buy a small terrarium and keep them in there after they hatch.

After a few months, free them into the wild.

11. Dude, a few years ago my mom bought some Mantis...es for her garden, to pwn other bugs or something, and when they hatched it sounded like rice krispies...Then it turns out when we freed them they all evacuated to surrounding lawns, a year later I stumbled on one (or a descendent thereof) and the thing was huge, fucker attacked me with it's crazy claws......But yeah, give them nuclear waste, worst case scenario, if your army doesn't pan out, you can make some kaiju movies....

12. THIS!

keep like 20 of them for a 10 gallon aquarium/terrarium.

13. awesome! do you know what species?
    I got 4 peacock mantis nymphs right now, so badass
    you're gonna need a lottt of jars/cages
    you could probably sell some of them on ebay for a good amount

14. this thread is really making me want some preying mantis's of my own

15. who the fuck gives someone a preying mantis egg?

my vote: armies.

16. yea I think you're only supposed to keep one or two and release the rest right away so they can learn to survive in the wild.

this thread inspired me to go to craigslist to search for some. nope, but I did find some sugar gliders up for adoption. Which I've been thinking about for years now, and I might finally do it this weekend.

17. #18 EASYlivin, May 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2009
    I have a 2 by 1 foot aqarium ready for about 20 of them. hopefully the 20 are civilized, otherwise things could get nasty. I'll keep u guys updated with pics if it hatches.:rolleyes:

Edit: but I think these will be rediculously small babies....The egg is only about 2 1/2 inches by 2 inches.

18. i say let them all go. it's pretty cruel to keep living beings confined.

19. They're gonna be tiny as hizzell for a bit, but if you made a radioactive army, they could battle GOJIRA!!!!