Yellowstone Boating Petition (NEED Signatures NOW!)

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by JefeGrande, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Help legalize boating on Yellowstone's beautiful waterways. For some reason you can ride snowmobiles in the park, Motorboat across Yellowstone Lake, and drive massive gas guzzling RVs and trucks packed with tourists. But you can't paddle a plastic kayak down any of the pristine rivers and creeks in the park.

You have to register with "the man" to sign the petition (all they require is your name) but its not like they don't know who you are already and its for a great cause.

Spread this link around to everybody you know even if they don't kayak or raft. We need over 4,000 more votes before Oct. 24th!

Sign It Here!

2. [quote name='"JefeGrande"'] But you can't paddle a plastic kayak down any of the pristine rivers and creeks in the park.[/quote]
    Why do you think the waterways are pristine? I will tell you, because we don't let people paddle a plastic kayak down any of the pristine rivers and creeks in the park. I went to Yellowstone earlier this month and it is one of the most beautiful places on this earth. Kayaking in yellowstone would be epic there are some amazing falls all over but, could you imagine the rivers being as pristine if we had been letting people kayak for 40 years?
    I understand that it might not seem fair because you can boat on the lake but why let people harm the land even more by kayaking the rivers and streams.
    Also, if you have ever been to the area around there are plenty of streams and rivers just as good for kayaking.

3. So you don't mind thousands of fisherman walking along the banks of all these rivers but us floating across the water(one of the lowest impact activities out there IMHO) won't keep it pristine?

I live in Wyoming bud. I have been there once and vowed I will never go through there until I can kayak in the park. I have driven 3 hours out of my way to go around the park and not give them my entrance fee $$. And just because there are plenty of rivers and streams around it doesn't mean it shouldn't be allowed in the park.

4. I don't think we should let people fish there. My point was why let it become less preserved?

[quote name='"JefeGrande"'] And just because there are plenty of rivers and streams around it doesn't mean it shouldn't be allowed in the park.[/quote]
    Yes it does.

It sounds like you went there to kayak and then found put you couldn't so you're gonna hold a grudge against the park. This may not be the case.

5. Nope I've always know its been illegal. I just think it is one of the most hypocritical laws to let millions of visitors haul their 5th wheel trailers and rvs into the park but they don't want to let people kayak because it may not preserve the "wilderness"

6. signed.

I hope to one day paddle down those rivers and streams..

7. Thank you! Spread the link around! We need all the signatures we can!

8. people are far too irresponsible to be trusted. Look at all the BS that went down with the yellowstone boat float a few weeks back...litter everywhere, drunks pissing w/e ...people flatout disrespecting nature and other fisherman/boaters. No thanks.

There's a reason it's a national park...so that we can keep it free of the litter and mess that irresponsible tourists leave behind on their vacations.

Where's the petition to vote against rafting in yellowstone?