yellowing question

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by jeffd7766, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Hey, my plants have just started to go into bud good. I have some that are about done and those are yellowed but thats normal, however the other batch are turning yellow very fast and some leaves are dying. I am using fox farms big bloom. I am wondering if i can give them some fert that has some N in it to cure that. And what kind would you recommend?
    PS the plants that are just budding are long flowering. Thank you

2. 1. hydro, soilless or Soil & brand name of soil ?
    2. PH of reservoir solution?
    3. PH soil runoff?
    4. PH of water?
    5. Age of plants?
    6. What Fertilizer, dosages, and frequency?
    7. lites, wattage & proximity to plants
    8. Light cycle. 24/0,, 18/6,, 12/12?
    9. In light cycle how long?
    10. Room temps or reservoir temps

Answer what you can & we will sort you out

3. They are outdoors in the ground, Not sure on the PH. They were started indoors in march.We are using fox farms"big bloom" i think its called.We are giving it what it suggests on the bottle it came in. They are 1-2 weeks into budding. thanks

4. as your buds get older its natural that the fan and other big leaves turn yellow and die.just means harvest time is near just pull them off.when budding you dont add nitrogen,you need p and k

5. I realize that it is natural, but what im saying is, that is happened much sooner then the other plants. I know you need P and K but i have read about people adding some N. I mean they turned completely yellow in a week, and they still have a good 6-7 weeks left to go. Thanks

6. 2 weeks into flowering is too soon to be yellowing, that fert you have is a veg ferts
    12-7-7 , I believe, so give it another shot of that, you might even want to try @ 50% stregth first, so that you dont screwup the budding cycle

pull the yellow leaves when you feed it so you know that you have infact halted the yellowing

Id also before feeding dig down in the soil at the base of the plant, till you get to roots and get a sample of the soil.......with ph corrected water 6.5-6.8ph mix enough water to make a slury, now take a PH reading from this slurry

optimum ph zone for soil 6.5-6.8PH

post the soil PH results

7. Taht may not be the name of the fert then, IM 100% sure that it is a flowering fert and it has 0 N, So basically what im wanting to know what is a safe way to give them the nutes they need? thanks

8. yes this is what I use....low in N, high in P for flowering

Flowering cycle Fertilizer
    I recommend Fertilome, Root Stimulator and plant starter....
    the NPK is perfect: 4-10-6
    2 teaspoons per gallon of water every other watering........ use this as your water ...discontinue use 3-4 weeks prior to harvest...flush last 2 weeks...I also like to add 1 tablespoon of unsulphured molasses to the last gallon of the flush......thats it no more water .....

9. ok so i just picked up some foxfarm tiger bloom, it was told to use 2tsp/gal of tiger bloom and 1tbl/gal big bloom. Does this sound about right? and how often should i do this? thanks Jeff

10. NPK: 2-8-4 Fox Farms Tiger Bloom's
    NPK: .01-0.3-0.7 Fox Farms big bloom

combined the NPK values are good so go for it ;)

just keep in mind flowering is the wrong time to PUSH the ferts

11. oh i know but if i let them keep going how they are, my crop will be short lived. Im only going to do it until i start to see a change, which im guessing wont be long.