Yellowing of leaves

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by joshs74, Feb 7, 2013.

1. so here is my 4 week old (today) plant. It was doing fine until about a week ago. It started to droop and looked even worse than it does now. It has perked up a bit but now the bottom set of leaves is turning yellow. I'm a newb and need help. I have looked online for solutions but no mater what i find itll never be the same variables as my plant so...here is its info

Box: 4x2x2 grow box (mylar wrapped)
    Pot: About 1.5 gallons aof soil in it (give or take)
    Soil: Miracle grow potting mix
    Light: 5 100w CFL's (other plants in box)
    Air: Humidifier in the box.
    AVG TEMPS= 83-88
    AVG HUMIDITY= 50-60
    Water: tap water that is always left out for a couple days.
    Vents: bottom and top vents with fans and carbon filters.

My watering habits are probably whats wrong but i am just unsure. I dont know how much water it should get and am scared to over/under water. For about the last week or so the humidity has dropped hard and i couldn't get it to raise so i was forced to buy a humidifier last night. So for a couple of days it had around 40% humidity and 85 degrees. The soil is the MG and could be the problem?

soil ingredients:

0.21 - 0.07 - 0.14

Total nitrogen.........0.21%
    0.12% ammoniacal nitrogen
    0.09% nitrate nitrogen
    Available phosphate..........0.07%
    soluble potash..............0.14%
    Iron...............0.10%

I need some help... thank to anyone who can.

[​IMG]

Picture from today

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Picture from the other day.

2. Some use MG just fine, how I dont know. If all your doing is watering and hoping your soil will do the rest well....hope your soil has the right stuff. By the looks of it I would say you have a bad cal problem. Sorry I use coco so ya I know not much help. But just wanted to pipe in that MG just isnt the right soil to use. Try some Foxfarm. I havnt seen any time release soil mixes that have a good NPK ratio for weed. Just my 2 cents. To be real I think your going to have fun trying to keep your ratios in check in the MG sad part is you cant even flush it out.

3. The MG soil doesn't help but it can work. Your temps are too high, I can tell ya that right now. Try and get the temps down into the mid 70s or maybe 80 if possible. The plants will perform better. Perfect humidity, but bad temps, IMO. Start with that.