Yellowing leaves - Update: Getting worse! :(

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by JesusGreen, Aug 17, 2011.

1. #1 JesusGreen, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2011
    Okay so I finally got a better camera (new phone), so I can take a decent picture of my problem.

[​IMG]

2 days ago those yellow leaves were almost identical colour to the other leaves. So I'm worried about it spreading fast.

This plant is about 11 and a half weeks old, on 24/0. I haven't started to flower it yet simply because as you can see I've messed up a lot and it's bonsai size.

The issue is I've overfed my plants a lot in the past, killing the other 2 plants, leaving just this one, so I'm kind of scared to feed again..

Thoughts? Thanks.

2. Is that black kow soil in that pot? You need to put them in better soil and consider getting some superthrive. Mix 1/4 tsp. per gallon and then water them with that in the new soil. Should see a different in a day or two.

3. No it's regular potting soil. I don't have a garden centre anywhere in a ~2 hour radius, so although I can get different soil/nutes I'd rather avoid such a long journey if possible.

I have some generic 5-3-7 fertiliser. I asked a few growers and they said that'd be fine, though I'm not sure how much to give them. On the bottle I believe it says 16ml per 2-3L, should I give 1/4 of that?

4. Sorry for the double post, I can't remember if that's breaking the rules or not. If it is, I apologise, and please delete one of my posts.

But anyway, here's an update. I fed my plant with the 5-3-7 fert that I have. I gave it approximately a single droplet to 500ml of water, and only watered it with around 50ml of that, so there's no way I could have overfed right? If the recommended amount to feed is pretty much 5x that.

Well anyway it's got worse. I don't know what it was. It could be heat because the fan went off last night and was off for 8-10 hours, and it gets quite toasty even with the fan.. But heat should damage the bits closest to the light most right? Well the green parts in the picture are the bits closest to the light.

It could be pH since unlike my regular water the feed-water hadn't been left out to allow chlorine to evaporate.

Or..?

[​IMG]

Should I flush it? Leave it? Or what? I'm kind of scared since those leaves seem to be dying so fast, and that's like half the plant.

5. You're just not showing any love to your baby.

Growing has some simple rules to love and work by. You don't follow them then you shale fail.

you're temp must hang around 75-79
    You must check your ph and leave out tap water like you said you don't
    You must provide your baby with NEW air.

And only fertilize after 3-4 sets of leaves are done growing in.

You're just feeding a drunk more alcohol and poisoning them.

Read more and figure out what u need to do. Good luck bro

6. Its going to be hard getting that plant to do much in that soil. It literally looks like a bucket of shit. For how long you've been growing, that plant should easily be 4 times that size. You can get MG Organic at most stores, like walmart, which would give better results.