Yellowing/curling leaves

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by thebenjomonster, Mar 28, 2009.

1. #1 thebenjomonster, Mar 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2009
    What type of medium; soil or hydro? hydro- 50/50 perlite verimiculite
    What brand and type of soil? none
    Indoors or outdoors? indoors
    What strain? 1 mendocino purps, 2 trainwreck/hashplant
    How old are the plants? clones bought at the store 3 days ago.. unsure of the age
    What type of lights and how many watts? 600 w hps
    How far from the lights? about 30''
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? A few squirts of diluted humboldt hydroponic solutions Master A and Master B when I first got them. Since then, none.
    What is the medium/runoff pH? way too high- almost 8, been flushing since then
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? Temp is about 76 degrees, dont know about humidity
    What size pots? about 5'' across, don't know how much they hold
    Any bugs? Look real close. No
    Any other pertinent info?

Hey folks, I posted this on a thread in the indoor grow section and it doesn't seem to be getting any attention, so I'm gonna throw it up here as well. My 3 clones growing in a wick system 50/50 perlite vermiculite have been yellowing and curling on the older leaves. The pics show some of the problems. Little yellow spots and patches break out on the middle of the leaf, while the outside yellows and curls. Not sure if my smaller clones are even still alive. I'm thinking of getting some Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil and try to repot them in solo cups so I don't have to worry about under/over nutrient supplying. When I got them, I gave 'em a spray of a hydroponic nute solution to the rooting medium, maybe I burned them there? Since then, I've only been giving them dechlorinated p.h ~6.5 water in order to flush. My upper leaves are also "canoeing" or "tacoing", by folding upwards in half. Any idea what causes this?

Bottom line: my lower leaves have little yellow spots on them and in some cases are curling/crisping at the end. My upper leaves are folding upwards like a canoe. And the plants in general look unhappy.

My questions are :

What the hell are the little yellow spots on all of the older growth?

Why are the newer leaves "canoeing"/folding?

Why are the tips of the leaves curling?

Is repotting to soil at this stage a bad idea?

Here is a link to my original thread with several pictures:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/general-indoor-growing/363102-i-need-your-help.html

Attached Files:

2. Your medium should have a pH around 5.5. 10 to 1 thats your problem. Lower that pH so the run-off water shows 5.5.