Yellowing at the tip of leaves, 2 weeks old tommorow.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ByBySucker, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Hello blades. I have had these two plants going in a 3' tall speaker for two weeks almost. After I transplanted them from small plastic cups into larger styrofoam ramen cups, I noticed the tip of some of the leaves yellowing . I don't think it could be nute burn as I haven't used any at all. I'm using hyponex soil. I'm using miracle grow perlite and I know that they put small amount of nutrients on it , but I was told these were in such small amounts that it wouldn't effect my plants . I water every 2-3 days whenever I feel the soil is dry about an inch down. This is my first grow and any help would be much appreciated.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. #2 ByBySucker, Jul 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2013
    They're under 3 23watt 5000k cfls, I keep the lights 1-2 inches away from the plants. I have a computer fan at the top of the speaker as an exaust, and the negative pressure created by that fan draws in air through that whole at the bottom. The cardboard is a makeshift light trap. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Really? No one??

4. Doesn't look too bad, at first look slight nutrient burn....
    If it gets worse I'd worry, otherwise it looks green and still growing ok

Maybe keep a eye on Ph run off

5. Alright thanks. Do you think it could be possible that I have to much perlite and my soil mixture?

6. the perlite is strictly for aeration. doubt it's the issue. looks like the were burnt a bit. as long as new growth is green, don't worry too much about it.

7. Yeah but I havent given it any nutes so I was thinking maybe it was the minor nutrient value from the perlite affecting them